The feisty Crimson Cap Ladies head to Vegas for The Crimson Cap International Convention and Bake Sale and get mixed up with a gang of jewel thieves after Millie gets kidnapped. This is a wonderful third addition to the Crimson Cap series, with laughs galore.
Genre: Comedy / Seniors
Running Time: 90 minutes
Characters: 2 male, 7 female:
- Esther: uber-serious group leader who lives for Crimson Cappery
- Grace: snarky widow with a more opinions than tact
- Leona: rich, meek, easily led astray; secret tequila enthusiast
- Millie: ditzy, half-deaf octogenarian hippy
- Mrs. Garnet: strict, no-nonsense Regional Director of the Crimson Cap Nation
- Dewey: hapless henchman/stooge/undercover agent
- Daphne: henchperson/undercover agent
- Detective Gruber: NSA agent disguised as an LVPD detective/Scandanavian hotel maid
- Louisa: Capo di Tutti Capi of the Crimson Cap Nation/undercover agent
Setting: The play is set in modern times in a Las Vegas hotel room.
Production/development history: Calmar Legion, May, 2016
The set is three walls with downstage doors on each side. The “hallway” door, stage right, has a peephole. There is a bathroom, upstage right in the room. The decorations are sparse and neutral as hotels usually are. There is a hotel phone on the desk and a closet big enough for all the suitcases.
Royalties: contact Chris McKerracher / 780-985-2267
Playwright Bio: Chris McKerracher is an Alberta-based playwright with many productions to his credit beginning with “Calmar; Zero to 50 in 90 Minutes” which was staged to sell-out audiences in 2005. This play and the playwright were also featured in a segment on CBC News. Since then, Chris has written many other comedies and has acted and directed in most of them. He has written plays for Halloween, Valentines, Christmas and a four play quadrilogy featuring The Crimson Cap Ladies, patterned after the Red Hat Ladies who are dedicated theatre-goers. For more information on the playwright and his plays, please visit www.communitytheatreplays.com.