Part-time (15 hours per week)
Hourly Wage: $25.00 per hour
12-month term with the possibility of extension
About GeriActors: GeriActors is an intergenerational theatre company based in Amiskwacîwâskahikan (Edmonton). Our mission is to develop performer-created theatre and performance-based activities that are of high quality and that foster positive intergenerational interaction and authentic views of aging.
Adhering to the principles of creative aging, we believe that seniors’ engagement in the arts at a level of comparative mastery leads to significant health benefits, an overall sense of well-being, and a marked increase in social and civic engagement. Our programs seek to challenge stereotypes, promote authentic views on aging, and bring people together to share in meaningful discussions about lived experiences. GeriActors has two main areas of activity: our performance company, GeriActors & Friends, and our outreach programs. This position is targeted to support our outreach programs, with occasional support to GeriActors & Friends as needed.
Position Description: Reporting to and working in collaboration with the General Manager, the Outreach Coordinator will support the growth, coordination and implementation of our outreach programs and related community events. Responsibilities will include supporting existing and development of new classes; cultivating new workshop opportunities; community engagement; managing our outreach calendar; marketing and communications; and other administrative duties as needed.
This position will primarily focus on three main areas:
(1) Programming a season of theatre-based classes divided into fall and spring terms. Responsibilities will include:
○ Developing the class schedules and contracting class facilitators
○ Setting up and managing class registration and liaising with participants
○ Marketing and communications (writing class descriptions, developing and distributing marketing materials, website edits, and social media posts)
(2) Developing our community workshops to bring theatre-based activities to seniors and intergenerational groups throughout Greater Edmonton. Responsibilities will include:
○ Community engagement and networking to cultivate workshop opportunities
○ Maintaining correspondence with interested organizations, collecting workshops contracts, invoices and payments
○ Managing our outreach calendar and contracting workshop facilitators
○ Marketing and communications (developing and distributing marketing materials, website edits, and social media posts)
(3) Assisting in the production and administration for the 2024 Festival of Edmonton Seniors Theatre (FEST). Responsibilities will include:
○ Sourcing performers and drafting performer contracts
○ Program planning for FEST workshops and other outreach opportunities
○ Fund development and fundraising initiatives
● 1-2 years of experience in arts administration, or performance, recreation, or education-based programming
● A degree or diploma in Arts and Cultural Management, Theatre Arts, Recreation or Education will be considered an asset
● Experience with or an interest in working with seniors and intergenerational groups in which seniors are included
● Knowledge of and experience in the Edmonton theatre and arts community will be considered an asset
● Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
● Self-directed with the ability to take initiative
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Demonstrates attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work
● The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Background and Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of employment
● Emergency First Aid with CPR C & AED certification will be considered an asset
This is a remote position with some on-site responsibilities throughout Greater Edmonton. To meet the responsibilities of the position, the successful candidate will be expected to supply their own computer equipment, internet connection, and transportation. Hours are flexible with most hours being completed weekdays (Monday to Friday) between 8:00am and 5:00pm. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
How to apply:
Please email your Cover Letter, Resume, and two references to email@example.com by Sunday, February 4, 2024.
At GeriActors we are committed to an inclusive work environment and a diverse team of staff, volunteers, and participants. We encourage applications from candidates who self-identify as members of under-represented communities. If you need accommodations or support in applying for this position, please contact us at 780-248-1556 or firstname.lastname@example.org.