2024 Calgary Region One-Act Play Festival Call for Registrations
March 20 – 23 2024
The Pumphouse Theatre has presented the Calgary Region One-Act Play Festival with the Alberta Drama Festival Association for over 30 years and we are excited to do so again! The Festival will be held March 20 – 23, 2024 in the Victor Mitchell Theatre.
One play is chosen by a professional adjudicator to represent Calgary at the Provincial One-Act Festival. Winning plays from each region may receive travel and food expenses reimbursement for their participation in the Provincial Festival by the Alberta Drama Festival Association.
- All registrations must be submitted with a completed registration form and a $60 non-refundable registration fee.
- The performing group is responsible for royalty payments. A letter confirming permission from the publisher or playwright must be included.
- A clean copy of the script must be delivered by the January 31 deadline. Photocopies will only be accepted for an original script. Outlines for collective creations will be accepted, but may not be eligible for Outstanding New Work. Improvised shows are not eligible.
- Payment can be made over the phone (credit), in-person (debit, credit, cash, cheque), by mail (cheques) or by e-transfer. Make cheques payable to the Pumphouse Theatres Society. E-transfers are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message “OAPF Registration Fee”.
- Participants who are members of CAEA, ACTRA, or IATSE are not eligible to participate in their professional vocation.
- Plays must be one act in length. Performances between 10 and 60 minutes. No excerpts.
- Each group is responsible for supplying its own technicians for stage management and light and sound operation. We can provide training to operators.
- Each show must be set up in 10 minutes and struck in 5 minutes.
- Casts shall be predominantly adult and from CALGARY.
- All performances and participants must adhere to the ADFA Rules and Guidelines. More information can be found on the ADFA website: adfa.ca/about/rules-regulation
- Awards & prizes are presented for Outstanding Production, Outstanding Director, Outstanding Performances, Outstanding Technical Merit, and Outstanding New Work!
Registration will close when all slots are filled or by January 31, 2024. Registration is on a first come first serve basis. You can find our registration form on our website, www.pumphousetheatre.ca.
For more information, including One-Act Play Festival rules and regulations, please feel free to email email@example.com.