The Badlands Amphitheatre is looking for male actors for the 2024 performance of the Badlands Passion Play.
About the Roles:
We are seeking emerging to established male performers to fill the following roles:
- Pilate: (30-60 years old)
- Judas: (20-50 years old)
- Sadduk: (30-60 years old)
- Joseph of Arimathea: (30-70 years old)
- Various Disciples: (20-50 years old)
- Rehearsals begin on Saturday June 1st. Full time cast members rehearse from Wednesday-Sunday each week. Part time/volunteer cast members have a shorter weekly commitment depending on their availability and rehearsal/role requirements.
- Performances begin on July 5th with a preview night and then run on Fridays-Sundays until July 21st.
Payment is a contracted amount that will depend on the size of the role, rehearsal time commitment, and experience levels.
How to Audition:
In order to be more accessible to performers from various locations auditions will be submitted through video. To request an audition side please send your resume and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions due by February 2, 2024.
Other Important Information for Potential Cast Members:
- We are an outdoor venue that rehearses and performs outside in all sorts of weather conditions, and on all kinds of terrain.
- Potential cast members need to be comfortable using our large stage both physically and vocally as we use the acoustics of the natural amphitheatre rather than microphones during performances.
- Singing will be required for most of the cast.
- Show calls are earlier and longer than indoor venues, as all business like fight calls and any additional stage prep must be completed before one hour to showtime.
About the Amp:
The Badlands Amphitheatre is a non-profit arts and culture venue located in the Canadian Badlands. Home to Canada’s largest outdoor stage, our 2,500-seat outdoor amphitheatre and indoor Badlands Arts Centre hosts the renowned Badlands Passion Play; the Canadian Icons Concert Series; Roots, Blues, & Barbecue; Lightfest: Winter in the Badlands; outdoor opera and much more.
With our spectacular natural setting, unique in the world, we create sustainable community through performance events (with economic, cultural, social, and environmental outcomes), increase awareness and skill in the arts, and encourage tourism by creating significant cultural attractions. The Badlands Amphitheatre has a mandate to produce, create, and host events; enable arts education, and promote tourism – all based on our values of community, creation and celebration.
About the Passion Play:
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play tells an epic story of faith, hope & love based on the life of Christ. It is performed on Canada’s largest outdoor stage, with a company formed of professional and semi-professional actors (supplemented by volunteer actors), working with a professional crew.