Beulah Alliance Church
Job Posting: Live Event Technical Coordinator
As a part of the production team at West Campus this position is responsible for leadership, oversight and development of live video and lighting portions of weekend, online and special services.
Position Type: Permanent, 40hrs/wk, must be available on weekends.
Location: West Campus, 17504-98a Ave NW, Edmonton, AB
In this role you will:
- Work as part of the production team at West Campus, lead the pre-production and execution of video and lighting for live services through the development of a trained volunteer team.
- Plan and execute live video and lighting for weekend and special services. Includes live online distribution.
- Lead and oversee a volunteer video and lighting production team to execute weekend, online and special services. This includes recruitment, onboarding, training, and equipping of volunteers.
- Execute live video and lighting for in-person and online worship experiences and multisite distribution.
- Prepare, plan, and execute set up, operation and strike of broadcast cameras, switchers, recording equipment and video mixing consoles for weekend, online and special services.
- Contribute to the creative process and planning of services.
- Collaborate with technical services and creative teams in capital proposals for advancement and effectiveness of services for in-person, online and multisite distribution.
- Assist in development of systems and platforms that amplify what is occurring on the platform during weekend services and events, while creating guardrails and support for volunteers in technical roles.
- Adhere to Alberta Safe Stages and OH&S best practices in operations of production spaces.
- Lead others as they operate as V1, L1, TD, Cam Op, CG Op, Systems tech or Producer. Proficient to fill in, if required.
- Manage budgets, projects and other assignments as assigned.
What you will need to thrive in this role:
- Technical aspect knowledge: patching and addressing lighting fixtures, stage cameras, and audio setup.
- Understand camera framing, switching, tempo, pacing, and movement.
- Familiar with basic musical concepts and how they relate to camera switching.
- 5 or more years of related work experience.
- Proficient in production of video and lighting for in-person and online weekend worship experiences. Including equipment such as Ross switchers and GrandMA lighting and educated in composition, movement, and pacing.
- Aligned with Beulah’s vision to see greater Edmonton awakened to King Jesus.
- Proven leadership skills in leading self, leading others, and leading leaders.
- Able to build teams and empower others.
- Understanding of artistic lighting design using colour mixing led fixtures and moving head lights.
- Proven ability to plan and prepare in a way that ensures a high standard of execution.
- Must have manual dexterity, technical acumen. Ear and eye for sound and image quality is required.
- Able to prepare for live production with volunteer involvement in mind.
- Flexible and adaptable team player who is comfortable taking initiative.
- Solid understanding of church functions and unique technical needs.
- Good communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible. Specific date to be determined with the successful candidate.
Think you’re a great fit for this job? If you believe that God may be calling you to this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.