Ticket Office Assistant
About Vertigo Theatre
Vertigo Theatre is a premiere cultural institution in Calgary and has entertained audiences for over 45 years with high-quality programming. It is the only theatre in North America that produces a season based entirely in the intrigue and mystery genre. Located at the base of the Calgary Tower, the Vertigo complex is home to our administration, ticket offices, and two performance venues. We cater to a diverse audience including young adults, students, urban professionals and seniors.
The Ideal Candidate
Vertigo Theatre is seeking an enthusiastic individual with superior customer service, sales, oral communications and data management skills to join our team! This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with an interest in the arts or non-profit sector and enjoys interacting with people on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high quality of work, achieving the attention to detail with respect to consistency, accuracy and time lines that the position requires
- Answer questions regarding programming taking place at Vertigo Theatre
- Process ticket orders and exchanges, allocate seats, ensure contact information is recorded
- Authorize credit/debit/cash payments
- Ensure tickets, float and ticket sales revenue are secure during shifts
- Report customer complaints to Ticket Office Manager
- Return messages and emails in a timely fashion at the start of shift and throughout
- Provide a point of security for all persons entering and leaving the theatres and lobby through the main venue doors
- Coordinate special needs requirements for patrons who are disabled, providing these requirements to the Audience Services Manager prior to audience arrival
- Compliance with Ticket Office policies and procedures
- Assist with all mail campaigns
- Participate in all telemarketing campaigns
- Assist with changing exterior poster boxes
- Check foyer and other brochure/postcard displays onsite for refill and cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned by and agreed with the Ticket Office Manager or Director of Marketing & Communications
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Theatre Manager or other ticketing systems is considered a major asset
- Exceptional customer service and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn a new ticketing system
- Professional phone demeanour
- Cash handling and credit card/debit processing experience
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment which requires multitasking
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Superior organizational skills with respect to time management
Vertigo Theatre has a responsibility to create work spaces where people feel respected and can be themselves in every capacity. With this in mind, we encourage applications from qualified individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, or POC as well as women, 2SLGBTQIA+, Disabled/People with Disabilities and/or Neuro-Divergent people.
*If there are any potential barriers (language, disability, or any other considerations) preventing you from applying, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to find a suitable application process.
40 hours per week with some evenings and weekends required
- $38,000 based on qualifications and experience
- Extended Health and Dental plan after successful completion of a 3 month probationary period with costs shared 50/50 between employee and employer
- 3 weeks of vacation time annually and other holidays as determined by management
Early-mid December, 2023.
Deadline to submit: Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2023, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please send a cover letter, resume or CV as well as three references to addressed to Evelyn Goj, Director of Marketing & Communications at email@example.com. Interviews will commence shortly.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For more information about Vertigo Theatre please visit our website, www.vertigotheatre.com