REFLECTIVE THEATRE YYC WITH MORPHEUS THEATRE AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Richard O’Brien’s THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW
Pumphouse Theatre April 5th-13th 2024
Directed by Krista Willott
Choreographed by Angela Woodard
Musical Direction by Donna Pearson
For more information (including character descriptions & rehearsal schedule), or to book an audition, visit reflectivetheatreyyc.ca
All production information can be found on our website homepage (scroll down!). Click ‘audition here’ to sign up for a group audition time. Please also make sure to also submit your Auditions Form by clicking here.
Please note this production is 18+. Reflective Theatre YYC’s Rocky Horror Show is a Community Theatre/non-equity engagement and all positions are by volunteer only.
Open auditions for all roles will take place:
- Tuesday November 21 (6:15 to 8.15pm)
- Wednesday November 22 (6.15 to 8.15pm)
- Thursday November 23 (6.15pm-8.15pm)
at Southwood Library located at 924 Southland Drive SW Calgary
Callbacks if required, will be on Saturday December 2 (8:00 to 10:00pm) at the Haysboro Community Association (1204 89 Ave SW)
- Auditions for The Rocky Horror Show will take place In-person.
- Please prepare a short monologue (1min) or tell a short story (1 min)
- Please prepare a musical theatre, pop or rock song that best showcases your vocal abilities. Be advised that you may be cut off if we’ve heard what we need.
- Auditioners should bring their own music backing track, and may be played from your phone’s speaker or the one provided. There will be no accompanist.
- You may be asked to do a vocal range test.
- You will be asked to learn a short dance combination in advance of your audition date. The combination will be emailed to you 3 days prior to your booked date
- Auditioners are asked to complete an online audition form, with an acting resume and headshot and any rehearsal date conflicts. If you do not have a headshot or resume please provide a selfie with a list of your relevant show experience at your audition.
- Selected auditioners may be requested to attend an in-person call back if required to read with other performers or show more performance skill abilities.
Rehearsal and Performance Requirements:
- The read-through will take place in-person on Friday December 15th (7 to 10pm) Location TBA.
- In-person rehearsals will take place on Friday evenings (7pm to 10pm) and Sunday afternoons (1pm – 6.30pm) from January 5th 2024 at Haysboro Community Association #1204 89 Ave S.W
- Performances will take place live and in-person at the Pumphouse Theatres. Please be aware that there are midnight show times for this production.