ADDITIONAL AUDITION DATES!!
St. Albert Dinner Theatre presents
Nana’s Naughty Knickers
by Katherine Di Savino
Directed by Rob Beeston & Christine Gold
Produced by Donna Beeston
Performance dates: February 1,2,3,8,9,10,15,16 &17, 2024
Kinsmen Banquet Centre
47 Riel Drive
St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z2
Due to circumstances out of our control, we have added additional audition dates
Additional Audition dates:
Sunday, October 22, 2023, from 2-4 pm
Tuesday, October 24, 2023, from 6:30-8:30 pm
St Albert Curling Club
3 Tache St, St Albert AB T8N 2S3
Actors are invited to prepare a contemporary comedic monologue approximately 60-90 seconds in length. Auditions will also include cold readings. An acting CV & Head shots are recommended but not required.
Please contact email@example.com with questions or to set up your audition time.
November: Tentatively Tuesday and Thursday evenings
From December – January: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
Some accommodation will be made during the holiday break in late December.
Rehearsals in the later part of January may increase.
Please outline any potential conflicts to the production team or director in writing at the audition dates.
The story centers on a young law student who moves in with her favorite grandmother, who turns out to be running an illegal lingerie business from inside her Manhattan apartment. Nana Sylvia Charles has lived in her rent-controlled New York apartment for years, much to the chagrin of her landlord Gil Schmidt. For the last few years, she’s managed to hide her boutique of lingerie for “mature” women from everyone but her customers. But her granddaughter and law student, Bridget, discovers the side-hustle, and a “frenzy of nonstop action ensues” to keep Nana from losing her apartment.
- SYLVIA CHARLES – In her early 80’s, living like she’s in her early 20’s. She is the mastermind behind Saucy Slips, Etc., and the proud tenant of a rent-controlled apartment.
- VERA WALTERS – Sylvia’s aged accomplice; equipped with two hearing aid and a collapsible walker.
- BRIDGET CHARLES – Sylvia’s unsuspecting, soon-to-be-law-student granddaughter, mid-20’s.
- TOM O’GRADY – The newest cop on the force, happily assigned to the beat where Sylvia’s apartment is.
- GIL SCHMIDT – The landlord, overly eager to rid himself of his aged tenants, mid-60’s.
- HEATHER VAN PREE – Employee of Saucy Slips, looking for better opportunities, modelling career, or just her boxes.
- CLAIR – The big client, mid 60’s
- VOICE/UPS MAN – The voice is the man at the front desk. Slightly bored and always sarcastic. The UPS man is cute but a little lonely.
- OTHER UPS MAN – The strong silent type.
St. Albert Dinner Theatre is a non-profit 100% volunteer organization.