Chromatic Theatre, in partnership with Calgary Arts Development, leads the YYCTheatreStats project. Our mission is to advance understanding of cultural/ethnic diversity in professional theatre productions in Calgary. We are committed to uncovering valuable insights that will help shape a more inclusive and representative theatre community.
As a Statistician, you will play a crucial role in analyzing and visualizing data collected from 2018 to 2023. Working collaboratively with the Associate Producer and Communication and Marketing Associate, you will explore research questions, suggest analytical approaches, and provide expert knowledge synthesis. Your insights will drive discussions during the Racialized Theatre Community Caucus, shedding light on the impact of these statistics on the Calgary theatre community.
- Analyze and visualize representations of data
- Collaborate on data curation for events
- Evaluate existing data for gaps and propose potential areas for further research
- Provide statistical expertise and guidance on methodology
- What story is the data telling us about cultural/ethnic diversity in Calgary’s professional theatre productions?
- What information is absent from the data that may provide additional insights?
- What potential gaps or limitations exist in our current methodology?
- Experience in data analysis
- Currently pursuing or have attained a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related
to statistics or a relevant quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of and interest in the arts sector/theatre (an asset)
- Maximum of 54 hours for the entirety of the contract
- Hourly rate: $37/hour
Note: Priority will be given to racialized artists.
Chromatic Theatre is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process. Please reach out via email to email@example.com should you require any accommodations or have specific accessibility needs during the application or interview process.
Application Deadline: October 10, 2023 or until position is filled. Interviews will begin the following week.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, along with a brief statement of interest, to Rebecca Comer at firstname.lastname@example.org.