Artist Showcase – Call for Submissions
Vertigo Theatre is seeking for artists to highlight during our 2023 Fall Art Showcase.
THE SELECTED ARTISTS FOR THIS SHOWCASE WILL:
- Showcase their artwork in Vertigo Theatre’s lobby for the duration of one production (4-6 weeks)
- Receive a display fee as per CARFAC guidelines & 100% of the proceeds from any sales
- Receive 2 complimentary tickets to each production in our BD&P 23/24 Series
- A full-page Artist Spotlight feature in a show program and a media card displayed in the lobby
- Have artwork insured while on-site
- This showcase is to be themed to our production of SLEUTH. Please submit any and all art you wish to share. These are just guidelines to the upcoming show. For full show details please visit our website at vertigotheatre.com
- SLEUTH takes you through the journey of famed mystery novelist Andrew Wyke as he lures his wife’s lover to his country home and convinces him to stage a robbery of her jewelry. As the stakes rise, it sets off a chain of events that leaves audiences trying to decipher who is truly in control. Full of fun, humour and mystery.
- Potential influences: Jewelry, luxury, southwest England (Wiltshire), classic mystery, bright, fun, campy, farcical
- We are hoping to have 1-2 artist(s) fill the entire lobby space. If you have a large collection, please let us know as that is an asset.
- The install and take down of your art, as well as the required hanging hardware, will be the artists responsibility, with support from a Vertigo Theatre liaison
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should forward the following to email@example.com by September 22, 2023:
- A brief artist bio of (roughly 300 words) including place of residence, cultural background, medium of work, and number of years working as an artist
- A website link, digital portfolio, or images of specific pieces being considered, with a combined file size 2 MB or less
- An idea of how your work may fit in with the show’s theme – if you have any pieces in progress that would fit, please feel free to share!
Vertigo Theatre has a responsibility to create work spaces where people are comfortable in a creation process, and can be themselves in every capacity. With this in mind, we encourage submissions from those who identify as Indigenous, Black, or POC as well as women, 2SLGBTQIA+, Disabled/People with Disabilities and/or Neuro-Divergent people.
*If there are any potential barriers (language, disability, or any other considerations) preventing you from applying, please let us know and we will work with you to find a suitable application process.