Are you thinking of auditioning for post-secondary programs in theatre, music, or musical theatre this year? Prepare for your auditions with StoryBook Theatre in their NEW Actor Post-Secondary Prep: The Art of Auditioning course!
Auditioning for post-secondary institutions can be a daunting process. This course has been designed to demystify the post-secondary audition process, help students prepare useable audition materials, and give students the skills they need to set themselves up for success when auditioning for post-secondary programs in theatre, music, or musical theatre!
DATES/TIMES: Wednesdays @ 6pm to 8:30pm, September 27 to October 25. There will be one additional class after October 25 to be scheduled based on student and instructor availability.
PRICE: $250 per student
AGE: No age limit! This course is for anyone considering auditioning for post-secondary programs.
CLASS SIZE: Maximum 10 students
INSTRUCTORS: Joel Schaefer and Cristina Lanz
COURSE OUTLINE (subject to change)
- Class 1 (September 27): Course introduction and audition overview.
- Class 2 (October 4): Individual song and monologue coaching, and skill building.
- Class 3 (October 11): Song and monologue coaching, group dance call practice.
- Class 4 (October 18): Song and monologue coaching, group dance call practice.
- Class 5 (October 25): Mock-Auditions and session debrief.
- Class 6 (Date TBD): Song and monologue recording for use for pre-screens and/or auditions.
For full course details and to register, visit https://www.storybooktheatre.org/art-of-auditioning
Any questions can be directed to the Theatre School Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-216-0808 ext 2.