Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Associate’s key responsibilities are to actively sell theatre tickets to new and renewing subscribers and single ticket buyers as well provide the highest level of customer service that Theatre Calgary patrons have come to expect.
Theatre Calgary is currently recruiting 1 part-time Box Office Associate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle customer relations and patron inquiries over the telephone, in-person and via email in a manner that is not only respectful, but which reflect the highest customer service standards.
- Actively and promptly engages in selling tickets and subscription packages to renewing subscribers, new subscribers, and casual ticket buyers over the telephone or in-person.
- Processes donations and membership purchases to new and returning patrons over the telephone as well as in-person (as required).
- Provides exemplary customer service to patrons with ticketing issues, including ticket exchanges, lost tickets, mobile ticketing issues, missed shows or other ticketing related inquiries. This customer service may be provided via telephone, in-person, or via email.
- Contributes to the environment of the Box Office and Theatre Calgary administrative office in a manner that is conducive to customer service, sales promotion, safety, and quality of work life.
- Fluent with respect to the Tessitura CRM and ticketing system in order to process and track purchases, ticket exchanges, ticket re-prints, etc.
- Keeps accurate and legible records (accounting, communications, pending files, etc.)
- Hold a high level of familiarity and fluency with all aspects of Theatre Calgary so as to provide patrons and potential customers with accurate information regarding the company, our productions, the theatre, policies, and procedures. These communications must be made with the primary goal of ensuring the utmost customer experience.
- May participate in all incoming and outbound call campaigns (as required).
- May participate in facets of sales campaigns as requested (selling, tracking, calling, printing, stuffing envelopes, mailings, etc.)
- Performs Box Office duties within the Max Bell Theatre during performances.
- Other duties to assist the Box Office Manager or Assistant Box Office Manager (as required)
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of one (1) year customer service and/or theatre Box Office experience is required
- Must be proficient in all aspects of telephone sales (including inbound and outbound calling campaigns)
- Experience working within the Tessitura CRM environment would be considered an asset
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the work of Theatre Calgary
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, work independently, and interact well with a wide range of internal and external customers
- Must be comfortable and productive in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
- Must be flexible and work well under stress
- Must be well organized, decisive and have good follow-through skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- A professional demeanor and experience/ability in dealing with discerning patrons
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- An appreciation for the arts and for theatre
This position is a flexible, part-time shift-based position that will require weekend and evening work. As this position deals directly with Theatre Calgary patrons and corporate event clients it may on occasion require professional interaction to foster ongoing positive relationships.
$17.00 per hour
This position is not eligible for any of Theatre Calgary extended benefits.
ABOUT THEATRE CALGARY:
Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful and diverse programming. Our mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite local, national and international engagement in a sustainable manner. Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious programming, passionate community engagement and extraordinary productions. For more than 50 years, we have focused our energy on providing our community with the highest level of classic and contemporary plays, featuring the best artists from Calgary and across the country.
Theatre Calgary encourages applications from our diverse community. Theatre Calgary is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We recognize that increasing the diversity of our staff, on all levels, in integral to accomplishing this objective. We are creating policies, practices, and programs that work toward the goal of dismantling systemic racism. We welcome all applications from women and gender nonconforming people, people of color, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of Theatre Calgary.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Theatre Calgary acknowledges that we live, work and create on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta. They were the original occupants of this land and continue to be here to this day. Theatre Calgary is grateful to have the opportunity to present in this territory.
Please submit applications to: email@example.com
We thank all those expressing interest in the role but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications: September 22, 2023