The City of Airdrie is currently recruiting for a Performing Arts professional with experience in musical theatre, drama and movement for children.
The main focus of this position will be on instructing a musical theatre class. The role will also be responsible for teaching classes on a sessional basis in the mediums indicated. The successful candidate will be an accomplished Performing Arts Instructor with a passion and dedication to the growth of performing arts in the City of Airdrie. There is the potential for future programming opportunities and we look forward to ideas and proposals from potential instructors.
The responsibilities of a Performing Arts Instructor include:
- Deliver high quality performance classes to our students
- Motivate and inspire confidence in participants
- Create lesson plans
- Teach students about plays
- Assist students in creating their own dramatic pieces, building self-confidence, accessing creativity and strengthening stage presence
- Teach presentation skills including monologue and audition preparation, organize and manage the learning environment, direct performance rehearsals and end of class performances
- Help to assemble and manage lighting and sound etc.
- Some light cleaning duties may be required
- Minimum 3 years of experience and demonstrated skills teaching within the area of specialty (musical theatre, acting, movement, directing)
- Candidates with formal university training in performing arts, specializing in musical theatre, will be given priority
- Experience in development of programs
- Experience in musical theatre, acting, movement and directing would be considered an asset
- Current Standard First Aid – Level C CPR and AED required (Please upload copies of certification with online application)
- Skilled in design and facilitation of arts programs
- Proven background in providing exceptional customer service
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Mature and reliable
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding dependability, initiative, creativity and decision-making skills
Competitive compensation and the following benefits:
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Annual adult Genesis Place pass
We believe connection and culture are the keys to our customer service. We do this through continuous learning, regular team building, and organizational social events so all employees have the knowledge to provide excellence in service to our community.
This competition is for a part time/casual performing arts instructor for evening and weekend classes. Remuneration for preparation or administration time will be determined together with the facilitator for each class.
Please include a cover letter with your application, describing any specific areas of expertise and interest; the productions you have performed in; and programs you have either developed and/or facilitated.
Candidates are invited to apply online at the City of Airdrie’s Career Page: https://clients.njoyn.com/CL2/xweb/XWeb.asp?tbtoken=Zl9fRRIXCBNwZnxzRFYgCFROBmBEcFEpB0gjUC59E2RZXEVpL0Btd2NxcQkbUhRWSnAqWA%3D%3D&chk=ZVpaShw%3D&clid=61430&Page=JobDetails&Jobid=J0823-0024&BRID=340726&lang=1
Postings close at 9 p.m. on August 17th, 2023. We recommend applying as soon as possible as we are not able to accept late applications.
Please review the job competition carefully and be sure to attach any specifically requested documentation in the My Documents section of your application.
Interviewing and hiring may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie.