Rozsa Admin Fundamentals Training
The Rozsa Admin Fundamentals Training (RAFT) program is for those who have been working or volunteering for an arts organization and are looking to build their knowledge, individual artists of all disciplines who want to learn about organizational structures, and board members at arts organizations seeking to deepen their governance knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the Rozsa Admin Fundamentals Training (RAFT) program, you will be able to:
• Explain the real-life challenges and opportunities of being a not-for-profit arts organization.
• Review a financial statement presented at a not-for-profit board.
• Evaluate an organization’s mission, vision, and value statement.
• Identify the main components that make up a strategic plan.
• Discuss the importance of doing evaluations.
• Construct a project plan based on answering the questions who, what, where, when, why, and how much.
RAFT is a 14-hour program that will be delivered in person in Calgary, covering the basics of arts management theory and practices. 12 hours will be in real time (synchronous) and two hours will be asynchronous (self-directed homework/group work).
Who should apply? Artists, arts administrators, and board members are all welcome. Early career staff, or volunteers of arts organizations, with zero to three years of work or volunteer experience.
When is RAFT? Friday, October 20th and Saturday, October 21st, 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. MT
Apply by Friday, September 8, 2023.
For more information and to apply visit rozsafoundation.com/raft
RAFT Tuition Cost: $100/person*
*The Rozsa Foundation acknowledges that systemic barriers to equity exist when it comes to the Training application process and program experience. We also recognize that the tuition fee may present a barrier to participation. We invite you to email Training and Events Manager, Ainsley Soutiere at email@example.com and we will provide additional or alternative support that suit your individual needs.