CALL FOR DRAMA INSTRUCTORS – Pumphouse Theatre
Are you a theatre artist? Do you enjoy working with children? Do you have an interest in teaching? Then we may have the job for you.
The Pumphouse Theatre has been educating Calgary’s youth in the world of drama for over 50 years. Thousands of children have come through our doors and left with lifelong memories, experiences, friends, and important life skills. We are dedicated to arts education and teaching our future generations the importance of theatre with small class sizes, professional instruction, and an inclusive, safe, fun and creative environment.
The Pumphouse Theatre is looking for enthusiastic, compassionate, and qualified instructors to join our team roster. The Pumphouse Theatre runs year-round classes in the Fall, Winter and Spring, along with our yearly drama day camps in the Winter, Spring and Summer. We are currently seeking applicants for our Fall Semester running for 10 weeks mid-September to mid-November. Classes run on Saturday mornings, Sunday mornings, and Monday evenings.
The successful applicants will:
- Possess the ability to supervise and instruct young people between the ages of 5 – 17 and have had previous experience in this area
- Have a solid understanding of the creative theatre process and have experience and/or education in this area.
- Have had at least one term or semester of a Drama/Theatre class and/or Education class.
- Display strong communicative and interpersonal skills.
- Be committed to the creative development and the theatrical education of the participants.
- Experience with working with people with ESL and people with Disabilities is an asset
- Some experience with the creative use/construction of props, costumes and sets is an asset.
- CPR/First Aid training is an asset.
- Know how to have fun!
START DATE: September 16th, 2023
All interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter AS SOON AS POSSIBLE by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance to all who apply.