Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre is the key facility in Fort McMurray to host live community productions, touring artists and corporate events – all of which are provided with high end technical support and top notch service. Each year, the Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre hosts hundreds of entertaining, educational and thought provoking performances. We present a wide variety of artists, with a vast range of genres including: dance, country, rock, comedy and family.
Our Keyano Theatre Company (KTC) productions involve our local community, providing them with the opportunity to learn and nurture their skills, talents and creativity.
Keyano College’s Theatre & Arts Centre is currently searching for a dynamic candidate to fill the role of Production Manager. Keyano Theatre is BOTH a road house with a concert series and rental events, as well as a producing house with two to four plays produced locally by our crew. The Production Manager is a critical member of the team who supports the Director, staff and volunteers of the Theatre & Arts Centre.
This position plans, coordinates, monitors and executes the productions in the Theatre & Arts Centre overseeing a staff of 1 technical director, 3 full time technicians, 3-5 casual employees/contractors, students and volunteers. They will also work with director and design teams to maintain schedules, budgets and good working relationships.
The Production Manager is the budget manager for all Keyano Theatre Company, maintenance and repair budgets.
This position works as a point of contact for many functions. The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning of all stage aspects of our concert series, drama series and rental events. Scheduling and time management are key roles to maintain the variety of activities.
The Production Manager is key to ensuring the artistic quality and integrity are maintained as required for each production. This position occasionally works an irregular work-week including weekend and evening shifts.
- Technical Theatre diploma from an accredited institution.
- Minimum five years’ experience in theatre production and/or technical direction.
- A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community/educational theatre, and the safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre are a must.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Occasional physical work is required, including but not limited to: lifting heavy weights (working the fly/loading rail), awkward positions, climbing ladders, aerial lifts and working at heights.
- Good communication skills, the desire to work in a strong team setting.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required for the position.
Candidates with a combination of education, experience, and training acceptable to the college will also be considered.
CUPE TS8- $74,058.15 per annum and includes a comprehensive health and benefit package. This position qualifies for the Northern Living Allowance of $1,040.00 per month. This allowance is reviewed annually and is subject to budget approval.
Position open until filled. Resumes to be reviewed starting July 10.