AUDITIONS for A Comedy of Tenors
A comedy by Ken Ludwig
Directed by Sean Anderson
Presented at the Pumphouse Theatre Sept 29 – Oct 7, 2023
Book your audition here: https://www.morpheustheatre.ca/?page_id=672
For the first time we are presenting a sequel. It’s 1930s Paris and the stage is set for the concert of the century – as long as producer Henry Saunders can keep Italian superstar Tito Merelli and his hot-blooded wife, Maria, from causing runaway chaos. Prepare for an uproarious ride, full of mistaken identities, bedroom hijinks, and madcap delight. This farce brings us 4 of the same characters that you loved in Lend me a Tenor.
Open auditions for all roles will take place:
- Monday July 3 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
- Tuesday July 4 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
- Drop in Auditioners are always welcome!
at the Morpheus Rehearsal Centre in Parkdale (3512 – 5th Avenue NW, lower level of the Parkdale Community Centre).
Callbacks, if required, will take place on Thurs July 6 from 7:00 to 10:00pm.
- Auditions for A Comedy of Tenors will take place either In-person or via Self-Tape
- Please prepare a comic monologue (under 90 seconds). If you are auditioning for the role of Carlo, please prepare a short opera clip (under 60 seconds).
- Auditioners should bring their own music, and may be played from your phone’s speaker. There will be no piano or accompanist.
- You may be asked to do a cold read (accommodations may be requested).
- Auditioners are asked to complete an online audition form, with an acting resume and headshot.
Selected auditioners will be requested to attend an in-person callback to read with other performers.
Rehearsal and Performance Requirements:
- The read-through and first rehearsal will take place in-person on Sunday July 30th (6 to 10pm)
- In-person rehearsals will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (7pm to 10pm) and Sundays 6 – 10pm for Aug, then Sundays 1 – 5 in September
- Performances will take place live and in-person at the Pumphouse Theatres.
Morpheus Theatre encourages individuals of all genders, ethnicities, and abilities to audition. Not a traditional actor? That is okay, get in touch with us and we will find a way for you to showcase what you have to offer.