Experience Actor – Job Posting
Job Types: Casual/Part-time
Deadline: May 26, 2023
Fort Edmonton Management Company (FEMCo), the organization that operates Fort Edmonton Park, is looking for energetic and passionate individuals to join our team as Experience Actors. It’s an exciting time at Fort Edmonton Park as work on the strategy to become the premier cultural tourism attraction in Western Canada continues, and the attraction opens for a third season following $165M in enhancements.
Working with the Experience Development team, as an Experience Actor, your role is to provide a unique entertainment experience to customers by bringing these experiences to life. You will do this by role playing characters and guiding guests through various experiences. You will be expected to stay in character, wear assigned costume and makeup, follow specific scene instructions, and interact with guests and other team members in a professional manner.
*This position is not for DARK Scare Actors*
- Assist with the facilitation and execution of Fort Edmonton Park’s ticketed products as required.
- Portray and maintain a character while role playing with guests.
- Prepare and rehearse scene instructions, prepare for roles by reading training materials and scene instructions for the character being portrayed.
- Guide customers through experience as per scene instructions.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests and clients.
- Assist with program set up and tear down.
- Attend and participate in training sessions.
- Perform approved role, adhering to role instructions and making no changes.
- Handle costume pieces, props and all materials with respect.
- Follow the chain of command and safety procedures during an emergency and report any concerns to supervisor, especially in regards to safety.
- Minimum 16 years old;
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills;
- Consistent experience performing and portraying characters for a public audience;
- Experience working in an escape room environment is considered and asset;
- Demonstrated general performance abilities such as improv, script memorization and character work;
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to empathize, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within a dynamic environment;
- Outgoing, positive attitude and enthusiasm for providing theatrical experiences to the public;
- Ability to comfortably speak to and lead large groups of people;
- Flexible and adaptable; able to cope with changing demands and priorities given the needs of an immersive guest experience;
- The ability to work effectively with a team, maintain effective working relationships, and function with minimal supervision;
- Ability to react calmly and think critically during emergency situations;
**Hours of work run from the early evening till midnight on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout July, August and September. ** Experience Actors do not need to be available for all dates, though preference may be given to candidates who have more availability.
- Shifts for this position are contingent on product ticket sales, shifts may be canceled with notice if ticket sales thresholds are not met;
- This position operates entirely on site. Employees must be prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions, with frequent walking, standing, moderate up and down stairs and across distances between buildings;
- Reasonably physically demanding position;
- Exposure to or in contact with common allergens such as but not limited to hay, straw, fur, pollen, dust, peanuts/nuts, bee/wasp stings, fog, latex while on site;
- May be exposed to chemicals, strong scents, outdoor elements, noise, temperature etc;
- Working in a busy site environment with frequent interruptions;
- Must arrange own transportation as this position often operates outside of regular public transit hours;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer;
- Media consent form required in accordance with FEMCo policy as this role may participate in media events as required; and
- A vulnerable Sector Check issued within the past 30 days that is satisfactory to the employer before starting in the position may be required.
Interested applicants are invited to apply with their resumes and cover letter detailing their qualifications by May 26, 2023. Please apply via www.fortedmontonpark.ca/more/careers and select “view current opportunities.”
We are committed to diversity at FEMCo, as an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.