Chromatic Theatre is seeking someone for Temporary Maternity Leave Coverage for our Associate Producer Position. This contracted position runs from June 14 2023 to January 2024 with an expected compensation of $24/hr, and an expected weekly commitment of 10hrs per week.
Deadline to submit for this position is Tuesday, May 30th, with interviews scheduled later that week starting June 2nd.
To submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a C.V. and letter of interest outlining why you’d be interested in the position, and why you think you’d be a good fit for the organization. Learn more at chromatictheatre.ca/hiring
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary producer of one of our key programs, our playwrights unit development program: Drafting copy and contracts for the playwrights unit, communicating with participants, scheduling meetups and events, & booking workshop spaces and public showcase spaces
Publication: Communicating and collecting information from other theatre companies around the city, & preparing reports and publishing them on social media and website in partnership with the Marketing & Communications Associate
Data Collection: Collecting data from our events, productions, and workshops for grant reporting purposes
Volunteer Management: Scheduling and soliciting volunteers for organization events
Grant Assistance: Being a second eye for the Artistic Director for grant work and fund development work
Artistic Tasks: The position is also encouraged to nurture their artistic practice and be a representative of Chromatic Theatre within the community (includes professional development opportunities)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong administration, organization, and communication skills
- Previous experience in working with artistic non-profits or collectives is an asset
- Previous experience working in arts administration is an asset
- Previous experience in theatre producing or live event producing is an asset
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL
- Who identifies as being part of a racialized community (as defined by being part of Indigenous and Black communities as well as communities of colour)
- Who hold values in anti-oppression and anti-racism.
- This position is perfect for racialized artists looking to get experience working in a community-oriented theatre non-profit.
- 6 month contract (June 14 2023 – January 2024)
- $24/hour ~ 10 hours/week
- Deadline to apply: May 30, 2023
- Email email@example.com with a CV and letter of interest