Coordinator – Entertainment & Events
In Medicine Hat you’ll find an exceptionally high quality of life…and a comparatively low cost of living. And here at the City of Medicine Hat, you’ll be involved in delivering a new vision for making an amazing city even better.
The Coordinator – Entertainment & Events is responsible for presenting all entertainment events for the City of Medicine Hat. This position will monitor participation rates of these events. Managing projects, including negotiation of artist contracts and the management of budgets, will also be a part of responsibilities for this position. The coordinator will work closely and build relationships with local, provincial, and national professional presenters and artist management companies, as well as working with our own promotions and marketing staff.
Our ideal candidate
- Ability to communication effectively both oral and written, including building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Provide exceptional customer service as well as projecting a positive image of self and the organization.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and make sound decisions independently.
- Broad knowledge of the performing arts spectrum including but not limited to, music, theatre, and dance programming.
- Ability to work flexible working hours with limited supervision.
- Successful completion of a two (2) year diploma in arts or management or related area from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Five (5) years of previous theatre and/or event programming.
- Possession of a Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Training in venue management, project management, marketing and hospitality is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and education may be considered.
Apply online at: https://medicinehat.prevueaps.ca/jobs/ by 11:59 PM on May 31, 2023
Story Maps is a tool found on the City of Medicine Hat website allowing residents and visitors to view stories that showcase various points of interest within the city. This is done through dynamic maps including illustrations that will help you find your way to these points of interest! THAT’S INNOVATION, MEDICINE HAT STYLE!
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.