Co-Artistic Directors Tracy Carroll and Corben Kushneryk invite artists in the Edmonton theatre community to apply for general auditions and interviews. This includes performers, technicians, teaching artists, designers and stage managers who have experience and/or a high interest in working in Theatre for Young Audiences.
Please apply electronically by sending a photo, resume and brief description of your interest in working with Concrete Theatre to email@example.com by May 26, 2023. All submissions will be responded to. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule a time.
Audition Requirements for Performers:
- Two contrasting contemporary monologues, one of which is Canadian. (Total time: 5 minutes)
- Concrete Theatre attended Emerge 2023 auditions, so if you participated, please do not apply for an audition as we will be doing specific call backs for people we are interested in seeing.
- Artistic Directors will have digital copies of headshots and resumes. Hard copies are not required.
- Interview Requirements for Other Artists:
- Please bring applicable portfolio(s).
- Tuesday May 30 and Wednesday May 31, 10am-5pm in 15 minute slots.
- For performers, priority will be given to Equity/ACTRA members.
- The Playhouse – 102, 10033 80 Ave NW, Edmonton**
(**Online interviews may be arranged digitally. Please contact us directly.)
We are seeking artists for upcoming performances, workshops of new plays in development, and for in-school workshops. We actively encourage applications from artists who self-identify as members of historically excluded communities. For Concrete Theatre’s policy on Anti-Racism/ Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Justice, please visit: concretetheatre.ca/what-we-believe/
Concrete Theatre is a professional Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) with a mandate to produce artistically excellent, relevant, and culturally diverse theatre for young people and their families. Our critically acclaimed and Dora and Sterling award winning productions have included: Consent; I Am For You; The Antyssey; The Bully Project; Under Cover; Routes; The Early Bloomer; Smokescreen; Apples and Oranges; Jeremy Fisher; Nami Namersson, The Viking Who Liked To Name Things; The Shape of a Girl; Offensive Fouls; The Incredible Adventures of Mary Jane Mosquito; The Plum Tree; Lig & Bittle; Are We There Yet?; Rice and Naomi’s Road. We tour productions to schools in Edmonton and across Alberta, occasionally do main-stage productions in Edmonton, and tour nationally. For the 2023-24 Season we are offering ARC: Anti-Racism & Change to schools and are remounting Songs My Mother Never Sung Me on a Western Canada tour. We also produce Sprouts, an annual new play development festival for kids.
Please visit our website in advance for additional information and history about the company. www.concretetheatre.ca
Concrete Theatre is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) and engages, under the terms of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, professional artists who are members of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association.