Job Title: Assistant Festival Producer (3 positions)
Application Deadline: May 12, 2023 or until the positions are filled
Targeted Start Date: May 29 or June 5, 2023
Term: 8 weeks (ending July 23 or 30)
Compensation: $19/hour, 35 hours per week
The Thousand Faces Festival is seeking up to 3 Assistant Festival Producers to assist in planning and executing our 2023 festival. The Assistant Producers will be working in the realm of artist liaising and organization, volunteer management, front of house operations, and food preparation. For the past 10 years, The Thousand Faces Festival has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other artistic disciplines. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art. As the Thousand Faces Festival Association supports the Canada Summer Jobs program’s national priority to improve access to the labour market for youth who face unique barriers, we are actively encouraging applications from BIPOC individuals for our Association Producer positions. Applicants of all backgrounds will be considered on an equal basis.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. To be eligible, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations
Please note that our in-person Festival activities will take place from June 30 – July 30, 2023. Successful applicants will be required to work from our festival sites along Alberta Avenue during these dates. Access to a vehicle is encouraged, but not required.
Assistant Festival Producer Job Description:
The Assistant Festival Producer will work in collaboration with the Festival Producer, Artistic Director, General Manager, and Production Staff to implement parts of the 2023 Thousand Faces Festival. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Festival Producer with operations of the festival
- Helping oversee the execution of Festival productions, events, and broadcasts
- Overseeing and executing the recruitment and management of Festival volunteers
- Coordinating the Festival’s health and safety plan in conjunction with the Festival Producer, including COVID-19 mitigation planning and implementation
- Coordinating the Front of House and food service operations for the Myth Country Fair feast
- Reaching out to and confirming the participation of vendors for the Myth Country Fair
- Keeping track of expenses and revenues and the necessary paperwork associated therewith
- Liaising with artists, technicians, volunteers, and other contractors
- Assisting with the orientation and contracting of artistic, administrative, production, and volunteer personnel
- Assist with the creation of marketing and website materials in conjunction with marketing staff
Assistant Producer Qualifications:
We are looking for self-motivated individuals that have a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Previous experience with event and/or volunteer management are a must. Knowledge of basic food handling is an asset. Good writing and numerical skills, team building and supervision experience, good communication skills, and out of the box thinking are all assets. This position may be ideal for a current post-secondary student looking to increase their event management and producing skills.
Please send a brief cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com with the subject line Assistant Festival Producer Application. The deadline to submit your application is Friday, May 12, 2023. Only candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.