StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our administration team. Our Summer Administrative Assistants will have the opportunity to get behind the scenes of an operating theatre and support the administration that comes along with our upcoming season of diverse shows and Theatre School programming.
StoryBook believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and seek to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We encourage people of all ages, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity to apply for this position.
This position is being made possible through a Canada Summer Jobs Grant and therefore we are seeking students aged 18 to 30 for this role. We are not limited by this, but stronger consideration will be made for those candidates that meet this age criteria for this grant.
Summer Administrative Assistants will report to the Artistic Producer and Theatre School Program Coordinator and will work closely with other summer team members in both production and Theatre School. Duties include:
- Office administration relating to production & theatre school
- Digital administrative tasks
- Supporting Summer Theatre School programming
- Other duties as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidates would possess many, if not all, of the qualifications listed below. StoryBook is a learning environment and is looking for a candidate willing to grow into the role with a base understanding of its demands and skills required.
- Strong administration, organization, and customer service skills
- Patient, and works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work to correspond to production deadlines
- Previous experience working in theatre is an asset
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Skills using software applications such as Dropbox and Trello
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites is considered an asset
- Previous experience working in arts administration is considered an asset
Ultimately StoryBook is seeking a person who fits in with the organizational mandate and is keen and passionate about the work we do. A candidate who possesses the following attributes would be seen as a huge asset beyond their list of qualifications.
YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL WHO…
- Loves live performance and has an appreciation of the importance of theatre in society/for families
- Reflects an optimistic and positive attitude with organizational loyalty
- Has the ability to work autonomously and in a team with attention to discretion and sensitivity to work involving confidential information.
- Is a self-motivational work style that can be resilient under changing conditions
- Has a genuine commitment to contribute to an internal culture that values people and provides an opportunity for everyone to flourish.
- Has the personal stature to inspire the organization, the Board, and the stakeholders by representing the Theatre with integrity.
- Is dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, cultural diversity, and broadening access to the arts.
- Is a pragmatic and effective problem-solver.
DURATION & COMPENSATION
June 25 to August 26
35hrs per week @ $16/hr
Deadline to Submit: MONDAY, MAY 8, 2023
For more information and to apply, visit https://www.storybooktheatre.org/job-postings
Questions relating to this job posting may be directed to email@example.com
StoryBook Theatre (SBT) is Canada’s largest volunteer-driven Theatres for Young Audiences and families. In our almost 47 years of serving Calgary, we have fostered the love and passion for theatre arts in over one million people. Each season we bring together some of the industry’s brightest emerging talents both on and off the stage to create incredibly accessible theatre for the whole family. We bring stories to life in a way that encourages children and their families to dream about who they are and may become, to explore the story from different perspectives, to think using inductive reasoning, and to connect to other people and ideas. StoryBook’s mission celebrates the power of theatre to inspire children and their families to dream, explore, think, and connect through high-caliber accessible, and diverse family theatre programming.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.