Alberta Playwrights’ Network is seeking professionals and community leaders to join our Board of Directors. Specifically we are looking for board members from Edmonton, northern Alberta, and communities outside of Calgary.
Alberta Playwrights’ Network exists to nurture Albertan theatre makers and provide support for the development of their work. APN promotes the province’s creators and their work to the theatre community, while building and fostering a network of theatre makers through education, advocacy, and outreach.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Energetic and entrepreneurial people and/or,
- Community leaders and philanthropists willing to engage their peers and/or,
- Anyone with an interest in the arts
EXPECTATIONS OF BOARD MEMBERS:
As the highest leadership body of the organization, the board is responsible for:
- Ensuring the mission and purposes of the organization are fulfilled
- Evaluating the performance of executive leadership
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraising and resource development
- Knowing APN’s mission, policies, programs and needs
- Serving as an active advocate and ambassador for APN
- Preparing for, attending, and conscientiously participating in board meetings
APN is committed to removing barriers; fostering an environment of opportunity; upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility; and supporting diverse storytelling. We know that diversity underpins excellence, and that we all share responsibility for creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive community.
We actively encourage nominations and applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to,
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples;
- members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities;
- persons who identify as women; and
- persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and that therefore, equity, diversity and inclusion can be complex. We value the contributions that each person brings, and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all in our community.
Alberta Playwrights’ Network acknowledges the many First Nations, Metis, and Inuit people who are the original storytellers and knowledge keepers of this land.
APN Is a signatory to the 35/50 Initiative and is committed to those principles and goals in the work we do now and our work in the future.
To nominate an individual, or to apply, please contact Trevor Rueger at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 1, 2023.