HIRING: Edmonton-Based Stage Manager with QLab Experience
Fringe Production, July 17 – August 27 2023
Affair of Honor in partnership with Magpie Theatre
COMPANY MANDATE: Affair of Honor is a Jessie Nominated fight and movement based theatre and performance company, focused on continuous training in the art of performance combat, ensemble building and multiple mediums of physical theatre. Affair of Honor is committed to creating visually stunning productions as well as providing a platform for emerging artists, showcasing diversity and cultivating stories with women at the forefront. We believe firmly in the representation of women, members of the queer community and people of colour on our stages and screens. We are presenting in partnership with Magpie Theatre to return to the Edmonton Fringe!
OPPORTUNITY: We are seeking an Edmonton-based stage manager to join our small but professional team of creatives. We are working between two cities (Vancouver and Edmonton) to stage an original play at the 2023 Edmonton Fringe. The creative team is rehearsing in Vancouver while the production team has local representation in Edmonton for administrative and behind-the-scenes support.
Responsibilities of the stage manager:
For this production, we need someone to call the show during the Fringe run in Edmonton. This role requires an SM to:
- Attend a minimum of 4 online meetings and 3 online rehearsals.
- Attend in-person in Edmonton: Cue-to-cue , paper tech (date to be determined) and all 8 showtimes (TBD)
- Work collaboratively with the venue technician(s), creative and administrative team
- Be available and punctual for all performances
- Lead the team in setting up and striking the set and technical elements before and after each performance when the theatre is transitioned to and from other theatre groups
- Support the team in promoting the show on socials and Fringe grounds
- Support the team as needed, within the standard scope and expectations of a stage management role
CONTACT: AFFAIROFHONOR@GMAIL.COM | WWW.AFFAIROFHONOR.CA
To apply, please send us an email expressing interest by April 30th.