Guest Experience Team Lead, Festival Place
Festival Place is a vibrant multi-use centre for the arts, community, and business. Hosting, producing and developing world class content for the community of Strathcona and greater Edmonton region.
The role of the Guest Experience Team Lead is to exceed patron expectations with quality service, high performing staff, and patron areas maintained at the highest level. This position is the manager of Front of House services, liaises with other facility – based work areas as well as central services for communications, public engagement, purchasing, and planning.
This posting is for 1 permanent full-time position
The role of the Guest Experience Team Lead is to exceed patron expectations with quality service, high performing staff, and patron areas maintained at the highest level. This position liaises with other facility- based work areas as well as central services for communications, marketing, public engagement, purchasing, and planning.
This position supervises box office and front of house staff 12 staff. This position also coordinates the volunteer program of over 50 volunteers. The Guest Experience Team Lead works with individuals and departments to ensure financial and integral communication processes are in place. Contribute to a healthy, safe and pleasant environment for patrons, staff and co-workers.
- Managing the recruiting process in its entirety, working with Human Resources in recruiting, interviewing, selection and hiring
- Organizing training and development for staff. Create and review effective training
- Monthly meetings should be used as a tool to motivate staff, build teamwork, teach customer service, money management, emergency procedures and process standards in consideration of peer facility plans & needs
- Creating staff schedule based on collected staff availabilities seasonally, implementing a system to ensure questions, trades and other requests are responded to in a personal and timely manner
- Leading and inspiring staff through effective change management regarding department and facility initiatives. Ensure staff have all necessary information to frame changes that impact guests positively
- Coaching and mentoring employees to resolve issues at their levels
- Establishing and monitor facility performance expectations with direct reports through annual Performance Review process; provide constructive feedback to staff when needed by formally and informally addressing issues of attendance management, failure to meet performance expectations or providing recognition in a timely manner processes and manuals, set up training schedule and content
- Being responsible for all aspects of the functioning box office and front of house with respect to patron and internal customer service. This includes a full understanding of upcoming events
- Develop and manage operating budgets for people hours, supplies, materials, and equipment
- Develop annual business plan which aligns with Strathcona County Strategic Plan and Corporate values, ensuring the work area is set up for future organizational success
- Take part in weekly facility meetings and contribute to team discussions and activities
- Perform as part of a facility-based supervisory team, assisting the Theatre Supervisor in team supervisor, leadership, and guest services problem solving
Skills and Abilities
- Perform OHS related duties as outlined in the Strathcona County OHS manual
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills. Formal training in customer service is an asset
- Proficient with Excel, MS Office Suite,
- Ability to work in a busy performing arts environment with frequent interruptions, while effectively multi-tasking
- Ability to prioritize work/tasks and quickly shift tasks to ensure timelines and deadlines are met.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written as well as strong attention to detail and accuracy in work is required
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as lead staff and involve them in decision making
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Business, Arts or Arts/Culture Administration
- Minimum 3 -5 years of experience working in customer service/guest relations, arts/culture related experience, and supervisory/leadership experience
- CPR (C), AED, and Standard First Aid are required
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office, Intelli, and Theatre Manager software
Conditions of Employment
- Submission of a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Availability to work a variety of shifts consistently, including evenings, weekends and holidays is required
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. Theatre, live music touring, performing arts and festival experience is an asset.
Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of education and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with their resume.
In addition to providing a dynamic work environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Pay range $32.33 – $40.40 for 40 hours a week.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews. Closing Date is March 24, 2023.
To Apply: Career: Guest Experience Team Lead, Festival Place | Strathcona County: https://www.strathcona.ca/council-county/careers/