Alberta Musical Theatre Company is seeking a qualified General Manager to cover an upcoming parental leave. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the administrative well-being of the Alberta Musical Theatre Company, including acting as liaison to the Board of Directors, as well as other organizations such as local school boards, individual school contacts, the Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis Commission and more.
- Coordination of the annual AMTC Tour which includes the booking of shows, management of touring schedule, coordinating marketing, liaising with schools and cast, payroll, preparation of reports for granting agencies.
- In partnership with the Artistic Director, writing and reporting on all operating and project grants along with Board of Directors’ representation.
- Financial reporting including payroll preparation, bill payments, reporting for vendors, monthly CRA remittance, working with the bookkeeper and accountant on regular entries and reconciliations, as well as completing fiscal year end reporting.
- Organizing and amassing volunteers for Casino Fundraisers along with representation from the Board of Directors. Additionally, preparing annual AGLC Casino Report and tracking all spending of casino funds.
- Establishing production schedule and all seasonal deadlines, in tandem with the Artistic Director.
- Booking rentals in the Playhouse and Treehouse spaces, including contracts, scheduling, receiving and recording payments. Assisting with in-person maintenance of Playhouse and office space.
- Other duties as required and approved by the board.
- Strong background in office administration (3-5 years).
- Minimum completed high school diploma or equivalent (GED); post-secondary education in a related field such as Arts Management considered an asset.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office programs. Quickbooks proficiency is considered an asset.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex and technical information.
- Strong customer relations skills and the ability to interact with the general public on a day-to-day basis.
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Salary: Hourly wage between $18-$21, commensurate with experience. Time cards must be submitted on a weekly basis.
- Hours of Work: Up to 30-35 hours per week. This position is hybrid with a minimum of 2-3 days per week in the office required.
- Closing Date: Posting will remain open until March 20, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be
To submit for this posting, please contact our board chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.