Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Application Deadline: March 28, 2023 or until the position is filled
Targeted Start Date: April 24, 2023
Term: 7-week Canada Summer Jobs Contract, with a strong possibility of extension through August 11, 2023
Compensation: $19/hour, 35 hours per week
For over the past 20 years, Theatre Prospero has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through our various theatre productions. Our artists and audiences come together to share these stories that reflect our diverse society. The venues where they meet include theatres in Edmonton, our home venue on Alberta Avenue, found spaces, classrooms, seniors’ centres, and school gyms across Alberta and virtually across Canada. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages and strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds so that we may continue our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is expected to be funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. To be eligible, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations
Please note that the work for this position will be a mix of in-person and remote.
Marketing Coordinator Job Description:
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Associate Producer of Theatre Prospero. The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Artistic Director of Theatre Prospero to ensure that material is in line with the company’s artistic vision.
The duties of the Marketing Coordinator are diverse and are targeted towards the marketing and outreach of the company’s productions to schools and the general public:
- coordinating strategic marketing and outreach goals with Associate Producer and Artistic Director
- developing and executing the company’s marketing plan
- conducting outreach to schools and community groups via phone, email, and print for our Kids’ Mythic Quest Adventures
- facilitating the booking process for productions
- acting as the primary point of contact for schools and the general public for inquiries about productions
- adding information about schools/school divisions to internal databases
- liaising between school contacts and production/artistic teams
- assisting with the logistics of performance tours, including driving company members to performances and assisting with load in of shows
- overseeing the design of marketing materials
- creating marketing materials and writing marketing content, including press releases, website copy, and generating social media content
managing the company’s social media platforms with the Associate Producer
- assisting with the design and management of the company’s website with the Associate Producer
- working with external partners and contractors on company marketing as assigned
Marketing Coordinator Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other art forms. Previous marketing or communications experience is a strong asset, especially if augmented by a post-secondary credential in the field of Arts Management, Marketing, or Communications. Facility with good writing and numerical skills, good communication skills, an audience focused attitude, out of the box thinking, and a strong willingness to learn are all a must. Access to a vehicle and a Class 5 driver’s license are an asset.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Coordinator Application.” We are accepting applications until March 28, 2023, or until the position is filled.
Virtual interviews for candidates selected to move forward will be held between April 3 and 6, 2023.