Youth Singers of Calgary is seeking a full-time Production Manager to join our dynamic and collaborative team. This is a high energy and fulfilling position where creativity meets planning to deliver world class performances and make a difference in the lives of Calgary’s young people.
Youth Singers of Calgary (YSC) is a large community-based performing arts company for youth. We offer music and dance training in 15 different divisions to over 500 members aged 3.5 through youth and adults. Throughout the week and on weekends you will find one or more of our divisions rehearsing or holding classes. Each year, we produce 2 shows at the Jubilee Auditorium as well as a myriad of performances throughout the community.
We have an administrative team of 10, both full and part-time, as well as an artistic team of 50 part-time contractors composed of choral directors, choreographers, accompanists, theatre arts instructors, composers, arrangers, theatre technicians, and musicians.
YSC is an inclusive organization and we welcome applications from those who have a demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, anti-racism and reconciliation. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
- This is a full-time position reporting to the CEO
- Core hours are afternoon and early evenings
- Frequent weekend commitment is required – an average of 2/month with more during performance seasons and fewer during slower months
- Work hours are adjusted to meet the needs of the organization using a lieu time model
- Oversee production of 100 performances per year, including 2 major shows at the Jubilee Auditorium, year-end shows for most divisions, community performances,, charity events, school residencies, caroling quartets, conferences, and corporate engagements
- Project-manage and support the administrative side of the artistic development process
- Collaborate with community groups, volunteers, and artistic staff.
- Promote and book performances and engagements
- Manage budgets
- Steward and engage volunteer departments, train and support volunteers
- Communicate accurate information regarding programming, performances, and schedules to parents, members, volunteers, vendors, and staff, in an efficient, clear, and timely way
- Determine technical needs for rehearsals and performances
- Hire and supervise contract technical staff
- Pitch in as a key member of YSC’s administrative team.
Who are you?
- You are a creative and collaborative person with a passion for youth and performing arts education, a growth mindset, a strong work ethic, and superior communications skills, both written and verbal.
- You are friendly and approachable, and capable of building relational trust and rapport with artistic staff, families, volunteers, colleagues, clients, vendors, and the public.
- You are organized, with excellent time management skills, planning and execution skills, and are able to prioritize responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in arts administration, non-profit management, technical theatre, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience in the performing arts. Theatrical or stage management experience is a valuable asset
- A musical background; choral experience is a significant asset
- Experience working in a non-profit organization and in a volunteer-driven organization
- Innovative and excited to seek out the right match of technology, platforms, and applications to track work, organize teams, and keep information accessible and centralized
- Provide a police information check, vulnerable sector check, and child abuse registry check
- Class 5 Drivers License
- $46,000 to $50,000 annual salary
- 2 weeks vacation, negotiable
- Employee Benefit Program
How to apply?
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 13, 2023.