Our Musical Theatre Department is growing!
Join our team of dedicated, professionals in inspiring children and youth to develop singing, acting and dancing skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and Instruct musical theatre classes for ages 5-18
- Manage musical theatre, acting and dance departments at two locations
- Oversee lighting, sets and costumes
- Direct 2 productions each year with several different casts
- Maintain effective communication with parents and other instructors
- Contribute to social media content
- Be available to rehearse as needed, including weekends
- A post secondary degree or diploma in music, theatre, or musical theatre is required as well as experience teaching children and youth.
- The ability to direct interesting productions with an inexperienced cast.
- Choreography/dance background an asset
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and excel in communication.
- The ability to work as a team.
- A benefit package is available upon completion of the first year.
There is the possibility of starting part-time in April to assist with the spring 2023 productions, as well as teaching summer camps in July and August 2023.
The regular teaching/production season is September to the end of April, with the option of teaching classes in May-June and summer camps in July and August.
This is full time, permanent contract position starting in September 2023.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,00.00-52,000.00 /year
Experience: Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Language: English (Preferred)