THEATRE ALBERTA’S ARTSTREK 2023 PROGRAM IS SEEKING A PROGRAM ASSISTANT
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 20, 2023
ABOUT THEATRE ALBERTA
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that represents theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services:
- Workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
- Online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
- Theatre news, publications, and advocacy
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- We require a highly motivated and detail oriented worker to be our Artstrek Program Assistant this summer. The Artstrek Program Assistant provides vital support to our renowned annual theatre school for teenagers.
- Artstrek is an overnight summer theatre program that has been operating in Alberta for more than 60 years, and attracts young theatre enthusiasts from across the province and beyond each summer. Major tasks and responsibilities include: student registration, including tracking payments, confirming medical information, and accepting letters of recommendation; student and parent communication; schedule, materials, and equipment coordination; and documentation, evaluation, and archiving.
- All applicants should be enthusiastic about theatre, enjoy customer service, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent computer skills, especially experience with databases, confidence in problem solving, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a previous history with the Artstrek program (as a student or supervisor) will be considered assets.
- Preference will be given to applicants who meet the criteria for participation in Service Canada’s Summer Jobs program, including but not limited to: be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- This is a temporary full-time position commencing May 1, 2023, and concluding August 18, 2023. Location of work is the Theatre Alberta office in Edmonton, however interested individuals must be available to work onsite at Red Deer Polytechnic July 10 through 29, inclusive. Travel and accommodations will be provided. Hourly wage is $21.00.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter highlighting your interest and qualifications, as well as a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.
Theatre Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.