Position ID: J0223-0228
Job Type: Part Time
Department: Bert Church Theatre
Number Of Positions: 2
Closing Date: February 24, 2023
Min Salary: $20.43/Hour
Max Salary: $25.54/Hour
As one of the fastest growing cities in Alberta, the City of Airdrie is a recognized leader in building a vibrant and sustainable community through innovation. At the City of Airdrie, incredible opportunities happen every day in a flexible work environment that is tailored to each department. Our inclusive culture and values create a workplace where we welcome aspiring, driven and creative individuals to help us accomplish our business and community goals. We are supportive of one another, and we have fun while we serve our community. We are passionate about improving the lives of our residents through care and respect; that is the foundation of our organization. At the City of Airdrie, we learn, grow and accomplish great things together.
If you have a passion for building a better community and are ready to join the excitement, we’d love to hear from you!
The Opportunity: The City of Airdrie is seeking a casual, part time Theatre Technician.
Working in partnership the technician will be responsible for:
- Facilitating live events with lighting and live audio mixing
- Properly setting up and taking down equipment
- Cleaning and maintaining a variety of audio and lighting equipment
- Acting as the technical point of contact for clients and artists during events
- Ensuring the theatre space is safe, clean, and ready for artists and performers
- Leading emergency evacuations should it be required
- Post-secondary education or training in related field is an asset
- Standard First Aid- Level C CPR and AED training is required
- Aerial Work Platform Certificate considered an asset
- Education from suppliers considered an asset (i.e. ETC Eos Family training or augmented training considered an asset)
- Previous experience in the operation of theatre lighting, sound and stage equipment
- Working knowledge of signal flow, routing and basic computer aptitude
- Knowledge and experience in theatre and/or live performance considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience with ETC ion and Allen and Heath SQ-6 Consoles considered an asset
- Software competency with Qlab, Adobe Suites and streaming platforms considered an asset
- Strong customer service skills
- Dependability and exceptional time management
- Ability to troubleshoot and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Ability to work both independently and in tandem with other technicians, staff and performing artists
- Competitive compensation and the following benefits:
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Annual adult Genesis Place (recreation centre) pass
We believe connection and culture are the keys to our customer service. We do this through continuous learning, regular team building, and organizational social events so all employees have the knowledge to provide excellence in service to our community.
This is a part time role and shifts are dependent upon activity at the theatre. Shifts will include up to 8 hours on weeknights and 8+ hours on weekends. Must be prepared to work a highly flexible weekly schedule including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays. Shifts will generally be scheduled into the late evening. Some overtime may be required. Shift schedules will generally be arranged a month in advance.
- Often dealing with crowds of people, noise and busy environment
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Climbing ladders and working from heights (i.e., catwalk and man lift)
- Must be able to perform duties in low light conditions
Please note: The interviewing and hiring process may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Candidates are invited to apply online here: https://clients.njoyn.com/CL2/xweb/XWeb.asp?tbtoken=ZltbQRJcRlU4a3RyR1FXY1ZUdWMqBkxYA1wlTlF4DGNFLUYaKDceB2EHdUFTGVtUSHRnWTpQ&chk=ZVpaShI%3D&clid=61430&Page=JobDetails&Jobid=J0223-0228&BRID=331487&lang=1
Postings close at 9 p.m. on the closing date listed in the posting. We recommend applying as soon as possible as we are not able to accept late applications. Please review the job competition carefully and be sure to attach any specifically requested documentation in the My Documents section of your application.
Interviewing and hiring may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Thank you for your interest in Bert Church Theatre and the City of Airdrie!