Looking for a career inspired by creativity, driven by making a difference in people and community, while being encouraged to develop yourself in the process? Do you like to be surrounded by a diverse group of thought-provoking individuals who will challenge the status quo and make life in Wood Buffalo better for everyone? Are you someone who likes to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment where you’ll contribute to strategy, development of engaging and educational programs, and services that impact the Wood Buffalo community? ACWB is looking for an individual with a creative spark, a get-it-done attitude, who imagines the possibilities and invents it into reality.
Arts Council Wood Buffalo (ACWB) is a non-profit society and charitable organization that supports the growth and success of the arts. Nestled in the Boreal Forest, Fort McMurray is the urban service centre for Wood Buffalo, with a rich local history, nine rural communities, and residents from all over the world. ACWB offers programming for regional artists and arts organizations in order to build their capacity to compete and thrive locally and nationally. Partnership projects with other organizations also provide innovative arts programming for the wider community.
Arts Council is seeking an individual to lead all aspects of this programming including: strategic visioning, planning, development, delivery, and evaluation.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Envisioning the future of ACWB’s Programs and Services, including the activation of Arts Inc: developing community programming, experiential tourism opportunities, etc.
- Developing annual budgets and maintaining financial reporting relating to the programs.
- Maintaining an evaluation framework for each program and conducting annual evaluations for all program areas.
- Overseeing the execution of logistics for all ACWB programs.
- Supervising contract employees and any program staff.
- Participating in community engagement events and opportunities.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- A post-secondary degree / diploma in cultural management, or related field, or equivalent work experience. • Minimum of two years of program management, preferably in the cultural sector.
- Experience in program delivery and evaluation. • Knowledge of the Alberta arts and culture sector. (Knowledge of, and passion for, the Wood Buffalo arts community would be an asset.)
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of cultures and protocols.
- Familiar with traditions, culture, and protocols of the First Nations and Metis communities in the Wood Buffalo region is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Proficient in the use of computers (Google suite, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.) and other technology.
- Sense of humour.
$65,000 to $75,000.00 per annum based on experience and credentials. Access is also provided to a benefits package and professional development funds after a probationary period.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to Liana Wheeldon, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Application deadline is March 7, 2023 at Noon (12:00 PM).
ACWB is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment, free of employment barriers and discrimination. We welcome the unique contributions you can bring in terms of education, opinions, and culture, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, beliefs, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability, among other things.
Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation at any point during the application, interview or selection stages, please contact Liana Wheeldon, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or 587.674.1625, x100.