We are Hiring!
Job Posting: Storytelling Associate – Rozsa Foundation
The Rozsa Foundation is a philanthropic, learning-focused organization that advances equitable leadership and management practices in the arts in Alberta through an integrated use of training, funding, and storytelling supports. We focus on learning and advocate for the arts as we believe that a knowledgeable, equitable, and thriving arts community can play a critical role in bringing about social change.
The Rozsa Foundation is looking for an organized, enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Storytelling Associate. This part-time role, reporting to the Director of Storytelling, contributes to the Rozsa Foundation’s strategic plan with a focus on social media management, content development, and engaging with the Rozsa Foundation’s training alumni via the Mighty Networks platform, while supporting other Storytelling initiatives. Storytelling is one of the three pillars of Rozsa Foundation activity, which includes sharing the successes and lessons learned by Alberta-based arts organizations and leaders to the wider community, advocacy and research activity, and providing resources to equip the arts sector for success.
The Storytelling Associate works to expand the Rozsa Foundation’s visibility and audience engagement locally, throughout Alberta, and across the nation through social media and related tools. Collaborating with the Director of Storytelling, the Rozsa Foundation team, and external partners, the Storytelling Associate builds an engaged online community of stakeholders.
A team player and collaborator, the Storytelling Associate brings creativity, initiative, and a positive attitude to the Rozsa Foundation. The ideal candidate for this role has prior experience in social media management, content development, or communications and demonstrates proficiency with the latest social media and communications tools.
If you are passionate about the arts and in supporting the Calgary arts community, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to be part of a small team making a big impact, this position may be for you! We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages and benefits.
The Rozsa Foundation is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
- With the Director of Storytelling, create a social media plan & calendar for the year for all channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Execute social media plan, creating, editing, sharing, and publishing content that builds meaningful connections and encourages audiences to engage.
- Create short videos, photos, and graphics for social media.
- Monitor & respond to follower comments, posts, and inquiries.
- Track engagement and growth on each platform and prepare quarterly reports.
- Propose and enact strategies for increasing engagement and audience growth on each platform.
- Work with the Director of Storytelling to ensure that strategic communications goals are met.
- Work with the Director of Storytelling to create a strategic approach to the Mighty Networks platform that engages and enriches the experience of Training alumni.
- Create and populate content on Mighty Networks, including required graphics and images, with a goal of increasing and maintaining engagement and learning.
- Monitor and respond to comments and discussions on Mighty Networks.
- Research and training on Mighty Networks to improve usage and enhance community experiences.
- Assist the Director of Storytelling on the bi-weekly newsletter, creating graphics, editing, and writing as required, and coordinating deadlines with community partners.
- Assist the Director of Storytelling on the creation, proofing, and editing of web content and stories relating to the Arts Community and Rozsa Foundation Programs.
- Complete timely website updates and improvements using the Wix platform.
- Track and report on website audience growth and engagement.
- Participate in full staff and Storytelling meetings.
- Assist in the coordination with community members and partners on other Storytelling projects, including the creation of videos, vlogs, podcasts, etc.
- Keep abreast of new online marketing/communications channels and strategies and bring forward to the team.
- Continuously improve metrics by capturing and analyzing appropriate data, insights and best practices, then act on the information.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Director of Storytelling
- Education and/or experience in writing, digital marketing, communications, or a related discipline.
- Experience in an arts or cultural organization an asset.
- Experience in developing digital content and managing various social media platforms, including listening, monitoring, activating, measuring, and analyzing campaign results, content, and activities.
- Proficient with a variety of software and digital applications, including but not limited to MS Office applications, Canva, MailChimp, Wix, Hootsuite, and other social media applications.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), proofreading, grammar, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in writing for various audiences and platforms.
- Experience in search engine optimization, social media scheduling, and analytics tools an asset.
- A passion for the arts and in supporting the arts community.
- Ability to take initiative and tackle urgent requests while balancing longer term goals and projects.
- Well organized and able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Resourceful, adaptable, and detail oriented with high quality standards.
- Ability to think critically and make sound decisions.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with external stakeholders and fostering positive working relationships.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Reports to: Lisa Mackay, Director of Storytelling
Location: Hybrid, with some hours at 1721 29th Ave SW, Calgary
Hours of Work: 20 hours/week
Compensation: $28 – $30 per hour
Days of Work: This position works part-time hours, split between a minimum of 3 days per week
This role is a part-time permanent position and includes a comprehensive group benefits package, and paid vacation time, upon the completion of a probationary period. Salary will be commensurate with the education, experience, and qualifications of the successful candidate. The successful candidate is expected to effectively manage time to achieve the results required in a mix of work-from-home and time in the Rozsa Foundation office.
For more information about the Rozsa Foundation, please visit our website at www.rozsafoundation.com. We thank all individuals who apply, and will respond to all applications as decisions are made.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a short statement of interest (around 250 words) and a copy of your CV. This call will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.