The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a maternity leave coverage position for the Director of Marketing (18-month contract). We are looking for a creative, organized, flexible leader who understands the live events economy, is passionate about the arts and can confidently lead a team with diverse skill sets for our continued recovery and sustainable growth.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Marketing will oversee the company’s sales-based marketing strategies, digital, traditional, and in-home channel management, advertising, brand, and communications. Continuing to build and optimize on our digital marketing and sales strategies, they will also continue to balance that with traditional strategies and how to manage the shifting balance of those two dichotomies. With support from the marketing team; Creative Director, Digital Web Designer, Videographer and Social Media and Communications Coordinator, the successful candidate should feel comfortable to manage and guide a team with diverse skill sets. From a sales perspective the Box Office team, specifically the Manager of Patron Relations, will report directly into this role as well. This is to ensure to continued close connection to the marketing and sales teams.
The successful candidate will actively participate in developing and growing a culture that supports a positive and productive work environment and an engaged team, while meeting out commitments to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access. The Director of Marketing is expected to participate in fostering team building, team development and the support the Executive Director in achieving The Citadel Theatre’s strategic plan objectives.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Planning and implementing sales-based marketing strategies to strengthen ticket sales and increase customer retention to achieve subscription and single ticket sales targets.
- Planning and implementing marketing strategies to create better awareness of The Citadel as institution in Edmonton’s Arts District.
- Managing a diverse team to deliver on the strategy and achieve our marketing and financial goals.
- Continue to strengthen and optimize our digital marketing strategy including ongoing website optimization, use of patron information from our ticketing platform, Tessitura, including paid and organic strategies to achieve marketing and financial goals.
- Planning and implementing marketing strategies for the Foote Theatre School.
- Planning and implementing communication and marketing strategies to promote the success of Sponsorship and Fund Development goals.
- Analyzing sales and market trends and working opportunities into plans in a responsive and proactive manner.
- Working with third party vendors in the execution of marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Developing and managing the department budget.
- Contributing to season and strategic planning.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 7 years marketing, public and media relations experience, including a strong understanding of web-based and social media marketing techniques.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a continually changing environment and work with a diverse group of people, productions, events and situations.
- Knowledge and experience with up-to-date technology to increase patron awareness, drive ticket sales, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage budgets.
- Passionate about inclusive and diverse workplaces.
- Highly visible leader with a proven track record to successfully lead a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building, and the ability to manage through public facing issues and stressors while maintaining a calm and professional approach.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience working with media and in public relations would be considered an asset.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset.
- Previous knowledge in Tessitura, Wordfly and WordPress would be considered an asset.
- Experience in outbound focused sales-based marketing tactics would be considered and asset.
This is a full-time, 18-month contract position working 35 hours per week and includes benefits. Annual salary for this position is $75,000 but may increase with experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Deadline for resumes is Sunday, February 26, 2023.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers, and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.