Do you love theatre and enjoy working with kids? Apply today to work with StoryBook Theatre this summer!
StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking Teaching Assistants for our Summer Theatre School Programming. Assistants will support teachers during workshops, stagecraft, drama activities and act as stage manager throughout the rehearsal process and final performances.
StoryBook believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and seek to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We encourage people of all ages, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity to apply for this position.
This position is being made possible through a Canada Summer Jobs Grant and therefore we are seeking students aged 18 to 30 for this role. We are not limited by this, but stronger consideration will be made for those candidates that meet this age criteria for this grant.
Teaching Assistants will be accountable to the Theatre School Coordinator and will work closely with class instructors. Duties include:
- Supervising students during breaks
- Classroom management including working with the class instructor(s) to maintain classroom focus and manners
- Leading warm-up activities where required
- Other duties as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidates would possess many, if not all, of the qualifications listed below. StoryBook is a learning environment and is looking for a candidate willing to grow into the role with a base understanding of its demands and skills required.
- Interest in Arts Education
- Experience working with children
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of technical theatre is an asset
- Must work well in a team setting
- Basic First Aid is an asset
- Ultimately StoryBook is seeking a person who fits in with the organizational mandate and is keen and passionate about the work we do.
This is a seasonal contract position. Teaching Assistants must be available Mondays to Fridays, 8:30am to 4:30pm from July 4 to August 11, 2023.
Minimum contract is six weeks at an hourly rate of $16/hr.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE – MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2023
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.storybooktheatre.org/job-postings
Any questions about this posting can be directed to the Theatre School Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.