Job Posting |Front of House Manager
StoryBook is currently seeking a Front of House Manager. Successful candidates will be responsible for managing volunteers as well as ensuring the smooth operation of the house during the run of shows.
StoryBook believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and seek to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We encourage people of all ages, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity to apply for this position.
The Front of House Manager will be accountable to the Artistic Producer and will support in the following areas:
- Greet and assist patrons with a cheerful and welcoming attitude
- Train and coordinate volunteers in duties such as ushering and concession
- Ensure cleanliness and presentability of the theatre, pre and post show
- Work with Stage Management to co-ordinate opening and closing of the theatre
- Direct the autograph line after each show, if applicable
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidates would possess many, if not all, of the qualifications listed below. StoryBook is a learning environment and is looking for a candidate willing to grow into the role with a base understanding of its demands and skills required.
- Customer service experience, preferably with an arts organization
- Prior leadership experience in team management
- Strong Communications skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong customer-focused approach to all interactions
- Comfortable with technology and computers
Ultimately StoryBook is seeking a person who fits in with the organizational mandate and is keen and passionate about the work we do. A candidate who possesses the following attributes would be seen as a huge asset beyond their list of qualifications.
YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL WHO…
- Loves live performance and has an appreciation of the importance of theatre in society/for families
- Reflects an optimistic and positive attitude with organizational loyalty
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team with attention to discretion and sensitivity to work involving confidential information.
- A self-motivational work style that can be resilient under the changing conditions of COVID
- A genuine commitment to contribute to an internal culture that values people and provides an opportunity for everyone to flourish.
- The personal stature to inspire the organization, the Board, and the stakeholders by representing the Theatre with integrity.
- Dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, cultural diversity, and broadening access to the arts.
- A pragmatic and effective problem-solver.
We are currently seeking both full-time and part-time staff members. Shifts are primarily in the evenings and weekends in accordance with the show schedules.
This is an hourly position at $18/hr
Deadline to Submit: Friday, JANUARY 13, 2023
Questions relating to this job posting may be directed to email@example.com
StoryBook Theatre (SBT) is Canada’s largest volunteer-driven Theatres for Young Audiences and families. In our almost 45 years of serving Calgary, we have fostered the love and passion for theatre arts in over one million people. Each season we bring together some of the industry’s brightest emerging talents both on and off the stage to create incredibly accessible theatre for the whole family. We bring stories to life in a way that encourages children and their families to dream about who they are and may become, to explore the story from different perspectives, to think using inductive reasoning, and to connect to other people and ideas. StoryBook’s mission celebrates the power of theatre to inspire children and their families to dream, explore, think, and connect through high-caliber accessible, and diverse family theatre programming.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.