Job Advertisement – Artistic Producer, SkirtsAfire Festival
SkirtsAfire is a diverse, inclusive theatre and multidisciplinary arts festival that features women and empowers artists and audiences. We create space for artistic excellence to be cultivated, experienced and passed on.
Our organization is seeking an Artistic Producer to lead and grow our artistic scope and scale working closely and collaboratively with our Managing Director, reporting to the board of directors, and actively developing partnerships and relationships with external stakeholders, industry colleagues and artists, all while nurturing and expanding upon our reputation.
We are accepting expressions of interest until midnight, December 31, 2022 to carry SkirtsAfire’s creative intent and deliver fresh, diverse, exciting and unforgettable patron, sponsor and artist festival experiences.
This position requires commitment and flexibility with variable hours year round and extended and irregular hours leading up to and during the festival.
Artistic Producer Qualifications:
- Confidence and ability to effectively lead and inspire a large team.
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate through written, oral, in person and online communication with stakeholders including staff, artists, the board of directors, festival partners, and other arts and cultural organizations to advocate for and lead compelling artistic productions, marketing, fundraising and public relations.
- Demonstrates vision and proficiency in planning, curating, grant writing, hiring, mentoring and overseeing a team of artists, staff, contractors, production personnel and artists to create, produce, and present complex, moving, engaging and relevant artistic and cultural experiences.
- Experience creating and managing budgets and proven success leading artistic productions in accordance with and/or understanding of non-profit organizational policies, structure and applicable laws and bylaws.
- Detail oriented, strong work ethic, flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced, ever evolving environment.
In addition to these qualifications, SkirtsAfire is seeking a ‘vision-keeper’ to curate and showcase artistic programming that communicates, inspires audiences, and evolves the festival. The successful candidate has:
- A strong and well-rounded passion for the arts, suited to SkirtsAfire’s mission and vision.
- A proven record of positive and creative arts leadership that can be used to define and advance the organization’s reputation and impact.
- A history of collaborative success creating safe spaces and healthy work environments.
- Following a probationary period of 3.5 months during which you will be mentored and trained in your role to meet festival, grant, organization and stakeholder needs, you will then use your skills and experience to officially begin the role and in due course fulfill the full scope of duties.
- Please send your cv and cover letter to email@example.com by 11:59:59 MST on December 31, 2022 . The successful candidate will be arrived at through dialogue/interview, followed by shortlisted candidates completing a project plan to demonstrate ability to envision, budget for, plan and produce a festival event.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. SkirtsAfire is not accepting unsolicited assistance from recruiters for this flexible festival employment opportunity. All resumes, work samples submitted in response to this opportunity will be deemed the sole property of SkirtsAfire. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of a referral.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org