We are an active, volunteer-based community theatre that requires an energetic, people-oriented and organized person to implement an effective volunteer program for Central Alberta Theatre (CAT). This includes the recruitment, support, orientation, training and evaluation of volunteers, and the overall supervision of CAT volunteers other than Board members. It also includes managing the Memorial Centre front of house and CAT bar/concession areas. This is a full-time, permanent position starting as soon as possible.
Evening and weekend work is required.
Highlights of What You’ll Do
The position has two main areas of responsibility:
- Operation of the Memorial Centre front of house areas (lobby, auditorium, concession and other public areas): bar/concession management, event set up and preparation, and supervising and coordinating the volunteer base to ensure coverage of positions during scheduled events such as performances, ceremonies and productions. Management of the bar/concession area of CAT’s Nickle Studio: setting up, stocking and preparing the area, and supervising and coordinating bar/concessions volunteers to ensure coverage of positions during scheduled events.
- Central Alberta Theatre Productions recruiting, supervising, supporting, orienting and evaluating CAT theatre volunteers, in cooperation with CAT’s Production Manager. A more detailed description of the duties of this position is available from our office on request.
What You’ll Need
- strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- experience with leading a team of volunteers
- skills in problem solving and leadership
- knowledge of Word, Excel, databases and other similar programs/apps
- experience using Square as a point of sale system is desirable
- fiscal aptitude, including cash handling and reconciliation, as well as stock and inventory control
What You’ll Get
Wages of $18 per hour to start, increasing to $19 after a successful three-month probation
A benefits package after a three month probationary period
Sick leave and opportunity for professional development after successful completion of the probationary period
The position reports to and takes direction from the Board of Directors, as well as from the Technical/Operations Manager. The position is subject to all bylaws and written, Board-approved policies and procedures governing Central Alberta Theatre.
The position will be open until the position is filled.
To submit your interest, please email Darrel at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.