AUDITIONS for The Yeomen of the Guard
A comic operetta by William S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan
Directed by Kyle Gould
Choreographed by Mya Swedburg
Presented at the Pumphouse Theatre, April 28th to May 6th, 2023
Book your audition here: https://www.morpheustheatre.ca/?page_id=672
For more information (including character descriptions), or to book an audition, visit morpheustheatre.ca call 403-246-2999 or e-mail email@example.com.
The show takes place in the Tower of London where Colonel Fairfax is wrongly accused of sorcery and sentenced to death within the hour. Fairfax hatches a plan to secretly marry a strolling singer, who now expects to be a wealthy widow upon Fairfax’s imminent demise, leaving her free to marry her lover, the jester Jack Point. However, Fairfax miraculously escapes his fate and chaos ensues.
Open auditions for all roles will take place:
- Saturday Nov 19 (1:00 to 4:00pm)
- Monday Nov 21 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
- Wednesday Nov 23 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
- Drop in Auditioners are always welcome!
At the Morpheus Rehearsal Centre in Parkdale (3512 – 5th Avenue NW, lower level of the Parkdale Community Centre).
Callbacks, if required, will take place on Wednesday Nov 30 from 7:00 to 10:00pm.
- All auditions for The Yeoman of the Guard will take place In-person
- Please prepare no more than 90 seconds of a song of your choosing (preferably not from Yeoman), and a comic monologue (under 1 minute).
- You may be asked to do a cold read (accommodations may be requested).
- Auditioners should bring their own music, and may be played from your phone’s speaker. There will be no piano or accompanist.
- Auditioners are asked to complete an online audition form, with an acting resume and headshot.
- Selected auditioners will be requested to attend an in-person callback to read with other performers.
Rehearsal and Performance Requirements:
- The read-through and first rehearsal will take place in-person on Saturday January 28th (1 to 5pm).
- In-person rehearsals will take place on Monday and Tuesday evenings (7pm to 10pm) and Saturday afternoons (1pm to 5pm).
- Performances will take place live and in-person at the Pumphouse Theatres.
Morpheus Theatre encourages individuals of all genders, ethnicities, and abilities to audition. Not a traditional actor? That is okay, get in touch with us and we will find a way for you to showcase what you have to offer.