THOU ART HERE THEATRE – CALL FOR PRODUCERS (MULTIPLE PROJECTS)
We are looking for passionate artists/arts administrators to be Producers on Thou Art Here Theatre’s 2023 Season!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 21, 2022
Time Commitment: January – May 2023 (part-time hours)
Cycle by Andrew Ritchie
Workshop/Performance Dates: May 8 – 21, 2023
Rate: $2480 (Honorarium based of CAEA Indie 2.2)
Civil Blood: A Treaty Story co-created by Josh Languedoc & Neil Kuefler
Workshop/Performance Dates: May 22 – 28, 2023
Rate: $1860 (Honorarium based of CAEA Indie 2.2)
ABOUT THOU ART HERE THEATRE
Thou Art Here is an artist-driven theatre collective creating audience-engaged immersive experiences. We live and present stories in Amiskwaciwâskahikan (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) on Treaty 6 territory on Turtle Island. Our calling is to make theatre in unexpected places, in unexpected ways, for and about the people who are here. We will do this through developing cyclical processes for diversity, inclusion, and sustainability. Our work is based on forming ensembles grounded in the values of collaboration, community, and innovation. We aim for our theatre to be authentically and intentionally Edmontonian.
Founded in 2011, incorporated as a non profit in 2021, Thou Art Here is launching its most ambitious season ever in 2023. We are no longer dedicated just to the work of William Shakespeare and are thrilled to be presenting 3 unique projects and supporting 5 Edmonton based playwrights/creators.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Assisting across all areas of producing live theatre leading up to, during and after the event. Including but not limited to: scheduling rehearsals, event organization, communications with artists;
- Assist with contract development and administration;
- Work within a team-based environment to achieve agreed upon goals and timelines;
- Assist with marketing ,communications and promotion for Thou Art Here Theatre’s work;
- Assist with reporting and budgeting in a live theatre production context;
- Assist with operation of the production office;
- Communicate with any venues, sponsors, partners and/or volunteers involved in the project;
- With notice given in advance, assisting with Covid-19 mitigation procedures;
- Assist with strike after event including post-event returns and cleaning;
- Create a final report to be submitted to the Artistic Director upon completion of the project; and
- Other administration duties as required.
Resume and a cover letter that outlines your area(s) of artistic practice, why you are interested in working with Thou Art Here Theatre;
Thou Are Here Theatre is committed to diverse and inclusive hiring. We encourage submissions from artists who self-identify as members of under-represented communities.
Email your submission package to email@example.com. Write “Producer 2023 Submission” in the subject line;
If you require any assistance with your submission we encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application assistance” and we will happily work alongside you to help with your submission.