ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/RECEIVEABLE CLERK
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for an AP/AR Clerk. We are seeking a highly collaborative individual who is an excellent communicator with keen problems solving skills, dedication to accuracy and strong analytical skills.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the AP/AR Clerk is an integral part of the Finance department. The successful candidate will work to ensure the Citadel Theatre’s continued success by providing outstanding customer service as well as accurate and timely processing of accounting functions.
This role requires an individual be able to manage their work loads as there will be multiple performances with overlapping deadlines. The AP/AR Clerk must be ready to take a proactive role in recommending and executing processes and procedures that maximize workflow efficiency while maintain suitable internal controls and compliance with Citadel’s policy, collective agreements and legislative regulations. This individual must foster a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre. This is a full-time salary position.
- Maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of vendor and employee data.
- Prepare and processing accounts payables/receivables using Sage 300 and other software in a timely manner.
- Invoice and cheque preparation.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Month end financial reporting.
- Prepare journal entries, reports, and reconcile payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Assistance with year-end audit work.
- Payroll support.
- Assist with other duties as requested by the Director of Finance.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Accounts payable/receivable.
- Experience with complex bank reconciliations.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Working knowledge of Sage 300 and asset.
- Strong Excel, problem solving and communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, maintain confidentiality and work effectively in a team environment.
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to continually improve processes and adapt to changes.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Salary starting at $40,000/year
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com
Posting will remain open until November 13, 2022 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.