StoryBook is currently seeking a Front of House Manager. Successful candidates will be responsible for managing volunteers as well as ensuring the smooth operation of the house during the run of shows.
StoryBook believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and seek to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We encourage people of all ages, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity to apply for this position.
- The Front of House Manager will be accountable to the Artistic Producer and will support in the following areas:
- Greet and assist patrons with a cheerful and welcoming attitude
- Train and coordinate volunteers in duties such as ushering and concession
- Ensure cleanliness and presentability of the theatre, pre and post show
- Work with Stage Management to co-ordinate opening and closing of the theatre
- Direct the autograph line after each show, if applicable
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidates would possess many, if not all, of the qualifications listed below. StoryBook is a learning environment and is looking for a candidate willing to grow into the role with a base understanding of its demands and skills required.
- Customer service experience, preferably with an arts organization
- Prior leadership experience in team management
- Strong Communications skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong customer-focused approach to all interactions
- Comfortable with technology and computers
- Ultimately StoryBook is seeking a person who fits in with the organizational mandate and is keen and passionate about the work we do.
This is a part-time position with shifts primarily in the evenings and weekends in accordance with the show schedules.
This is an hourly position at $18/hr.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE – FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2022
For more information and to apply, please visit www.storybooktheatre.org/job-postings
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.