Permanent, Full-time – 40 hours per week
Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as required
$53,144.00 – $66,414.40 per annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Theatre Administrator for the Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Theatre Services Coordinator, this position will oversee the box office and front of house services to the audience members, clients, and volunteers of the Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts. The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative requirements of the Maclab, actively supporting and promoting the Maclab Centre’s three pillars: learn, connect, explore.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, coordinate, maintain, and track event bookings and contracts
- Prepare, coordinate, and maintain Maclab Centre calendar, ensuring necessary information is collected from staff and clients
- Assist in preparation and tracking of invoices, correspondence, reports, and budget
- Attend events/performances to provide on-site services and front of house supervision, as needed
- Volunteer management; including training, supervision, scheduling, and appreciation
- Coordinate box office services and oversee ticket sales through Ticketpro
- Reconcile ticket revenue and cash transactions for events/performances; ensuring required paperwork is complete
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- High School Diploma with post-secondary certification in administration or equivalent
- Three (3) years’ of related experience in front-line customer service delivery; previous experience in a performing arts venue
- Experience in events and/or hospitality management considered an asset
- Volunteer coordination experience preferred
- Computer Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with IntelliLeisure software preferred
- CPR/AED certification (employer can provide)
- Valid Class 5 Drivers’ License
- Detail-orientation, effective priority & time management, exceptional organizational skills, and pro-active adaptability are essential
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on October 26, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.