From Cradle Stage 2023: Play Submissions Call
Edmonton’s foremost community theatre is now accepting submissions for this season’s new works festival! Walterdale Theatre welcomes original play submissions from emerging local playwrights and offers the opportunity to share their work and gain audience feedback through performative staged readings.
We are looking for finished, original and unproduced plays of 10 – 60 minutes in length of any genre. You are welcome to submit more than one script.
- Deadline for all submissions is 11:59pm November 30th, 2022.
- Selections for the festival will be announced by January 6, 2023 at the latest.
- Selected playwrights will then work with the festival coordinator to assemble actors (and directors, if needed) for the staged readings.
- Any rehearsals necessary for the readings may occur in the Walterdale Rehearsal Hall beginning 2 weeks before the festival, OR on Zoom prior to that, as required.
- There will be a brief tech rehearsal (date TBD) on stage prior to festival opening.
March 9 – 12, 2023 – Depending on the number of submissions received, we may have different programs each night. Shorter plays may or may not have more than one reading within the festival.
Email a digital copy (PDF preferred) of your scripts to Dale Wilson, Festival Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with From Cradle to Stage 2023 in the subject line by 11:59pm on November 30th, 2022. Late submissions will not be considered.