The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities is looking to hire a temporary, full-time, seasonal Wigs staff.
The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre producing a season, which usually includes a Mainstage series of six plays, a House Series, our seasonal production of A Christmas Carol, a summer musical and, assorted other projects as they arise from season to season. We support a vibrant theatre school and an active new play development program. Our facilities are available for rental by other arts organizations and community groups.
- Reporting to and assisting the Head of Wigs with hairdressing, hairstyling, makeup, wig building, beards, moustaches, prosthetics, styling, alterations and maintenance for Citadel productions and other Citadel projects.
- Maintaining a clean, safe and securing working environment.
- When necessary, being present for performances in any of the Citadel spaces to carry out the duties associated with the position.
- Must be ready to take a proactive leadership role in maintaining a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
- Highly organized and detailed,
- Positive attitude with the ability work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Minimum of 1 (one) year theatrical wig, hairstyling and makeup experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and under minimal supervision.
This position works under a collective agreement between the I.A.T.S.E. Local 210 and the Citadel Theatre. Applicants must be a member in good standing of IATSE or willing to join.
Wage for this position is $26.13/hour.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Job posting will close on October 23, 2022. We will continue to collect resumes until the position is filled. Wage for this position is $26.13/hour. We will continue to collect resumes until the position is filled.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.