Grindstone Theatre is seeking an Education Assistant for 20 – 30 hours per week. We are looking for someone with administration and education experience to help the Education Manager coordinate and facilitate the classes at The Grindstone Theatre School. This job will include assisting the Education Manager to create and schedule four terms per year, contracting instructors, supervision of Studio space, ensuring classes are running smoothly and safely, and being available for instructors and students via phone or email. You will also coordinate with other groups and programs to bring Theatre Education to schools, community centers and other parts of the city and province. The Education Assistant will also be responsible for running the Theatre School’s social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram).
If you are passionate about theatre arts, have a background in Theatrical Education or social media and are able to manage and solve problems on the fly – we think you would be a great fit!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Support the Education Manager in developing semesters and new classes
- Assist with creating new classes and class descriptions
- Assist the Education Manager in sourcing and contracting instructors for classes
- Communicate with instructors, students and Education team regularly
- Assist in producing showcases and communicate with instructors for tech and showcase needs
- Assist in producing and marketing Education shows (conservatories and community production)
- Follow and uphold Theatre School Policies
- Create opportunities for outreach around Edmonton and Alberta
- Connect with schools about education programs
- Assist with creating feeder programs for Grindstone Programming
- Creating content for Theatre School social media accounts
- Administrative duties such as marketing and communications, website edits
- Be available and present for busy times in the semester (first week of classes, showcases, etc)
- Be the site contact while classes are in session (to be split between Education Manager and Education Assistant)
- Must complete and submit a Criminal Record check and Vulnerable Sector check
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years experience in instructing or admin for Theatre or Education programming (Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, etc)
- University degree or college diploma – (eg. Business, Events, Arts and Cultural Management, Theatre Arts, BA Drama, BA Education, etc)
- General knowledge of theatre practice
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with theatre companies and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
Wage based on experience
20 – 30 hours per week.
Mixed availability – partial day times and partial evening and weekends
To apply, please send a Cover letter & Resume to Jules Pepin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note Education Assistant in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Deadline to apply: October 14, 2022