Through the generous support of the Government of Canada and in partnership with the Rozsa Foundation, we are launching our first Black Arts Development Mentorship Program.
The Program is designed with the intent of providing emerging and pre-professional African, Caribbean, and Black community artists the tools and practical knowledge to take the next step in their artistic journey and generate an environment where African, Caribbean, and Black Diaspora culture can flourish in Calgary. By providing training and mentorship to these artists through mentorship for Theatre and Film, Dance, Visual Arts, Media, and Music. The five participants will receive a scholarship to join the Rozsa Admin Fundamentals Training (RAFT) and Rozsa Arts Management Program (RAMP) Arts Leadership programs FREE of charge.
- Applications for the program will be accepted until Friday, October 28, 2022.
- Participants will be selected by the mentorship committee and Woezo Africa staff.
- There are 5 available spots for participants that reside in Calgary. The mentors will be representing various provinces in Canada including Calgary.
- Meetings will be in-person if both participants or mentor live in Calgary, or virtual via Zoom if mentor lives outside of Calgary.
- The program will last from January to December of 2022 (a twelve-month term).
- The participants will meet with their mentors for four hours monthly throughout the mentorship. Due to the variety of individual schedules, mentors and participants will decide on their own schedule of meetings.
- A compensation of $1200/year will be given to the participants for successfully completing the 12 months commitment.
Application Requirements & Eligibility
- This program is FREE for the participants.
- Participants must be over 18 years of age.
- Participants must have a minimum of 3 years dedication to their art via performances, completed projects, training etc.
- An application form MUST be submitted.
Go to: https://woezoafrica.com/badp/
If you have any further questions or require more information, please do not hesitate to email Nicole Pemberton at email@example.com, with the subject line: Black Arts Development Mentorship Program.