Theatre Network is seeking a skilled and dependable professional as a Technician in our newly rebuilt venue, The Roxy.
Deadline: October 14, 2022
About Theatre Network
Theatre Network produces contemporary theatre with an emphasis on Canadian playwrights and stories, with a 48-year tenure of serving Edmonton and area audiences. Theatre Network is dedicated to producing and facilitating the development of work that is challenging, engaging, and is unafraid to question our conceptions of the world we live in.
We produce a roster of four mainstage productions, including our annual presentation of Nextfest – Edmonton’s emerging artist festival. Theatre Network curates and hosts a variety of other programming from independent artists in Edmonton, hosts performances during the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival as a BYOV (Bring-Your-Own-Venue), and operates the Theatre Network Summer Academy, a theatre intensive for high school students.
Theatre Network reopened our brand-new facility in 2022, The Roxy, which houses two dedicated performance venues: the Nancy Power Theatre, a 200-seat proscenium theatre, and the Lorne Cardinal Theatre, an 80-seat black box. The building is also home to Miller Art Gallery, a rehearsal hall, with brand new equipment throughout the facility. For more, visit theatrenetwork.ca.
Who We Are Looking For
As an integral part of Theatre Network’s technical staff, our house technician will be an energetic and communicative addition to our team. We are seeking artist/colleague who is excited to learn new systems and technology, and engage with all programming aspects of the company, from within our two theatre spaces, to our art gallery & other special events The successful candidate will prioritize safety, mentorship, inclusivity, are interested and passionate in creative risk, and who thrive in a small team environment.
This is a contract position, starting at $25/hour (commensurate with experience). Hours are based around programming schedules and will be 35 hours/week + overtime during busy points, and less during times of less activity.
- Running crew for productions during public performances and tech rehearsals.
- Hang lighting and sound equipment and operate consoles.
- Install/Strike of productions/events (including construction and rigging of scenic elements and soft goods).
- Operate video/projection equipment throughout the building.
- Maintaining theatrical equipment and keeping clean and safe working environments.
- Working with the Artistic Director, Managing Director and Director of Facilities & Production to determine scope of work on each project.
- Working with the Visual Arts Curator to determine the needs of visual art events, installs, and strikes.
- Learn/implement venue safety & emergency procedures.
- Provide technical support to hosted artists/guests.
- Theatre Production diploma or degree
- 2 years experience in production roles with theatre or live events, including:
- Sound & lighting operation
- Video operation
To submit: Please direct your CV and a cover letter to Artistic Director Bradley Moss by email at email@example.com.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Theatre Network welcomes and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion.