AUDITIONS for Calendar Girls
A comedy by Tim Firth
Directed by Krista Willott
Presented at the Pumphouse Theatre Feb 3 – 11, 2023
Book your audition here: morpheustheatre.ca/?page_id=672
When Annie’s husband, John, dies of leukemia, she and best friend Chris resolve to raise money for a new settee in the local hospital waiting room. They manage to persuade four fellow Women’s Institute members to pose nude with them for an “alternative” calendar, with a little help from hospital porter and amateur photographer Lawrence. The news of the women’s charitable venture spreads like wildfire, and hordes of press soon descend on the small village of Knapeley in the Yorkshire Dales. The calendar is a success, but Chris and Annie’s friendship is put to the test under the strain of their newfound fame.
Based on the true story of eleven WI members who posed nude for a calendar to raise money for the Leukaemia Research Fund.
Open auditions for all roles will take place:
- Monday Oct 17 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
- Thursday Oct 20 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
- Saturday Oct 22 (1:00 to 4:00pm)
Drop in Auditioners are always welcome!
At the Morpheus Rehearsal Centre in Parkdale (3512 – 5th Avenue NW, lower level of the Parkdale Community Centre).
Callbacks, if required, will take place on Tuesday Oct 25 from 7:00 to 10:00pm.
- All auditions for Calendar Girls will take place In-person
- Auditions will be held interview style.
- You may perform a monologue if you wish, but it is not necessary.
- You may be asked to do a cold read.
- Auditioners are asked to complete an online audition form, with an acting resume and headshot.
- Selected auditioners will be requested to attend an in-person callback to read with other performers.
Rehearsal and Performance Requirements:
- All Cast and Crew must be fully vaccinated (minimum 2 doses) to participate in this production. Face Masks will NOT be required to be worn (at this time).
- The read-through and first rehearsal will take place in-person on Sunday November 6th (1 to 5pm)
- In-person rehearsals will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (7pm to 10pm) and Sunday afternoons (1pm to 5pm).
- Performances will take place live and in-person at the Pumphouse Theatres.
Morpheus Theatre encourages individuals of all genders, ethnicities, and abilities to audition. Not a traditional actor? That is okay, get in touch with us and we will find a way for you to showcase what you have to offer.